29

Silence

Silence. It has been 2 minutes since i told them that i am assassin and im into deep shit. What do i get in return? Silence. Complete and utter silence.

My dad and Blake looked at each other then at me before bursting into laughter.

"Y-yeah right." Blake said into between his laughs, trying to breathe, "Joke of the year."

"O-oh my god," My dad breathed out, trying to control his laughs, "Im old. Don't make me laugh like this."

Irina on the other hand, didn't say anything. She just looked at them as if she knew i was being serious when i really was.

"Guys." I groaned earning both of their attentions, "I'm not fucking joking." I said in a serious tone.

"You can't be an assassin," Dad cleared his throat before he spoke. "I didn't train you to be one. I kept you away from that life."

I turned to look at Enzo who had an amused face on as he leaned on the couch, looking at us.

"Guess what?", I scoffed, "You tried to keep me away from that life."

"What are you saying, Jade?", Blake asked now in a serious tone.

I was about to reply but Enzo beat me to it. "She's saying that she is an assassin."

"Like hell she is!", Dad chuckled, clearly not believing us, "What are you kids here for?"

"Dad," i stood up from my seat, "I am a fucking assassin. My name's poison and i am the poison you've been wanting to work for you ever since you've heard of her."

Irina scoffed as i looked at her. "Liar."

"Im not fucking lying." I snapped making all of their eyes widened, excluding Enzo. 

"Im really an assassin. I am poison." I started and lifted my shirt to show them the tattoo which i did not conceal this time considering i was wearing a shirt.

"Look," i pointed to the tattoo, "I am poison. I am the most wanted assassin in the underworld. Now, the Russians somehow managed to know who the fuck i am and they want me to work for them." I ended with a sigh as they all looked at the tattoo with widened eyes.

"You're—", Blake started, gulping, "poison." My dad finished his sentence.

"Finally." Enzo scoffed, "It was about time. All these laughing and not believing Jade shit was giving me a headache."

I glared at him and he put his hand in a surrendering manner with a smirk playing on the corner of his lips.

"He knew?", My dad pointed at Enzo. I nodded, "He found out."

He nodded before rubbing his temples, "Why, Jade? Why?"

"Because, you never once asked me what i wanted to do, Dad. You always took my decisions in my place," I started, "I was born into this world as did Blake. How is it fair that he gets to have a place in the underworld and i don't just because im a fucking girl?"

"I didn't do that because you're a fucking girl!", he snapped, "I did that to protect you."

"Protect me?", I scoffed, "People like us—", I pointed to all of us in the room, "Can fucking die anytime. You have to teach us how to protect ourselves. You think those men of yours cam protect us for the rest of our lives? They're fucking humans beings too. One bullet and they'll get hurt or die. We're all the same." I continued before sighing heavily.

"Im your daughter, the heir to the American mafia, your enemy can kidnap me and hold me as leverage against you. You know that and what did you do? You refused to train me, to teach me how to protect myself. And that, dad, was the worse mistake you've ever made." 

There was a dead silence after i let all of those words out. These words were truths and all of the people in the room right now, knows that i am right.

"She's right, dad." Blake broke the silence and gave me a small smile, "Every word she said is the truth."

"Why didn't you tell me how you felt about all these?" Dad asked through gritted teeth.

"Have you met yourself? You're so overprotective of me," i rolled my eyes, "Im not complaining about that, just the fact that you did not let me have anything to do with the mafia business. You'd always shut me out whenever you're having a meeting about mafia business."

"That's because i never wanted you to get hurt. You're my daughter, my only daughter." He sighed.

"And Blake is your son. Your only son." I added and smiled at Blake who shook his head, telling me to stop but im not going to stop. Not now.

"Have you ever asked Blake what he wanted to do? What he wanted to be?" I started as dad looked at me in confusion, "Blake unlike me, never wanted to have anything to do with the Mafia business. He wanted to be an artist." I looked at Blake with a smile before continuing, "But you never once cared to ask him what he wanted."

And for the first time in years, i saw my dad look at Blake with guilt visible in his eyes. Blake just looked at him and gave him a sad smile. Irina looked like she wanted to be anywhere but here.

"Im so sorry," My dad brought Blake into a hug, "Im such a bad father."

Blake shook his head, "No. No you're not." He smiled at him, clearly not believing a word.

"And you—", My father snapped his gaze on me, "Come here." He brought me into a tight hug. "Im sorry for behaving like i did and im so proud of you for being who you are."

"You're...proud of me?", I asked as i broke the hug, he nodded. "Of course. I have an assassin as daughter and that shit makes me the proudest dad on the whole world."

"—And i have the best assassin in the world as my sister. That shit makes me the proudest brother on the whole world." Blake spoke and brought me into a hug.

I smiled as i tried to keep the tears from falling. This moment was perfect. I did not expect such a reaction. They were proud of me. Proud of me for being an assassin and i couldn't be prouder of myself for telling them and thankful to Enzo who supported me.

Speaking of which, i broke the hug from my brother and turned to look at Enzo who was smiling. I walked towards him and hugged him which he surprisingly, returned "Thank you." I whispered as he planted a kiss on my head. "You're welcome, princess."