49

"Santiago!" My voice boomed across the dark basement where several cells were found

"Santiago!" My voice boomed across the dark basement where several cells were found. Receiving no reply, I continued walking, knowing that he should be here. Normally, it is Santiago's job to look after the prisoners, torture them and feed them, repeat. Killing them however, is my job unless they die naturally.

After Santiago, a man who worked for me called, saying that there's something extremely important, i drove here, at the main house as fast as i could. I was hoping for his sake that this is important, like really really important. He did made me leave prom and my girlfriend alone.

"Santiago, if you don't show your ass in 5 seconds, im going to fucking kill you when you do." I warned, immediately being greeted by Santiago himself.

"Where the fuck have you been? Are you fucking deaf?" I questioned, angrily.

"Sorry boss. I couldn't hear you with all his screaming." He apologized. "Whose screaming?" I asked confused, not remembering anyone who i asked to be tortured.

He furrowed his eyebrows, "You asked us to torture and kill the man, boss." He started, "You sent a message last night."

"What the fuck are you talking about? What man? What message?" I groaned, running my hand through my hair. To say im confused right now would be an understatement.

"Last night, a man was delivered to us and the same time, we got a message from you, asking us to torture then kill him." He explained.

"I never sent a fucking message to anyone." I hissed making his eyes widen in fear. "Who the fuck did you torture?"

"I- I don't know sir.." he stuttered. Not bothering listening to another of his word, i bursted the door open only to reveal a beaten up Blake, on the verge on dying.

"What the fuck." I growled, grabbing Santiago by his collar. "Why the fuck would you do this? Do you know who he is?"

"We received orders from you, boss-" He stated, i immediately shook my head before throwing him on the ground. "I never gave you orders to do this!"

Rushing to Blake's side, i immediately untied him and checked his pulse but nothing. I couldn't feel anything. He was dead, Blake Carrington was dead.

"Fuck im so sorry.... " I muttered under my breath. He did not deserve this, he really didn't. Jade will kill me, jade will literally fucking kill me. She is going to lose it when she finds out.

"You fucking bastard, you just murdered Blake Carrington, Heir to the American Mafia, my girlfriend's brother and my friend." I growled, walking to Santiago and punched him.

"I-" he started but i cut him off. "Any last words?" Instead of replying, he started tearing up, pleading me not to kill him but he deserves to die. Without waiting anymore second, i clicked the safety off the gun before shooting him in the head.

I parked my car next to Enzo's before exiting it and went inside

I parked my car next to Enzo's before exiting it and went inside. The main house was silent so i went in the basement knowing that he would be there. The basement had very disgusting smell. I mentally rolled my eyes at myself, of course it will have a disgusting smell, you're not walking in a rose fucking garden. People dies here.

As i walked through the cells, i heard voices coming from the end. Following it, i was greeted with a half opened door. I peeked inside only to be met with Enzo kneeling over to someone on the floor who I assumed was dead.

"Boss, what do we do with the body?", A man I didn't recognize asked. Enzo sighed, "We cannot risk the Carrington finding out what happened. Bury him."

My eyebrow furrowed in confusion at what he said. I was confused as to what he didn't want us to know but all those confusion went away once Enzo moved and let me have a clear sight of the person whom he killed.

Blake. My brother.

I couldn't do anything, no words left my mouth. My gaze was fixed on my brother's body, he was beaten up. He did not deserve this, he didn't fucking deserve this. I don't know which hurt more at this point, the fact that my brother is dead or it was Enzo who killed him. Probably both. I was starting to catch feelings for Enzo; maybe even falling for him.

I didn't realise i was crying until i felt something wet on my cheeks. Immediately wiping it away, i turned around, ready to leave the house. I had to go, i couldn't stay here. He cannot see me weak like this and i couldn't let him win. I will come back for revenge, that's for sure. I left the house as soon as i could with the picture of my dead brother in my mind.

Driving back home, i kept on thinking about how im going to tell my dad that Enzo killed Blake for whatever reason. This would break my father, i know him, he will no doubt, lose it. We were finally in a good place, happy; of course without Irina.

I was crying; crying for trusting Enzo, for falling for him, crying for losing my brother. I somehow feel responsible for what happened to Blake; If only i listened to him when he told me not to get involved with the De Luca family, with Enzo.

Once i reached home, i bursted the door open, revealing Irina and my father sitting on the couch in the living room along with Jackson, Irina's brother.

"Jade, I thought you went to Prom?" Dad asked, looking at my attire. Oh right, he was not home earlier when I came to change.

"You look sad." Jackson remarked, making me look at him with raised eyebrows. "Your eyes are red, have you been crying?"

"Shut the fuck up." I hissed, glaring at him. He smirked at me before looking at Irina with a smug look. Ignoring them, i looked at my dad who had a concerned look on his face. My father may be the leader of the American mafia but he is old and has medical conditions. He didn't tell me and Blake about this but he has heart problems, the littlest shock can cause him to lose his life and my father is not dying because of me.

With that thought, i decided to lie to him. "It's Blake, he told me he's leaving and going to France for a few weeks-" i started, earning curious glares from Irina and her brother, "I was just sad he left without saying anything before. Anyways, I'll be going to France also for a few weeks... Will that be a problem, dad?"

He immediately shook his head with a smile, "No, it won't be a problem. Have fun in France and take care of your brother." Nodding, he brought me into a hug before i rushed to my room to pack my bags. I really was leaving, i needed to get away from everything for a little while and plan for my sweet revenge.

See you soon, Lorenzo.

A/N

Book 2 : Her misunderstanding.