41

Looking infront of me at the whiteboard on which several formulas were written, i let out a yawn earning the attention of our teacher, Mrs Puff who glared at me through her big glasses

She clicked her tongue against her teeth, tilting her head in my direction, "Are we boring you, Miss Carrington?"

I shook my head no, not wanting to earn detention by being honest. You would think that stopped her from giving me one. "Detention!"

Hunter snickered behind me, making me glare at him. I turned my attention back on Mrs Puff who stood there with a smug look on her stupid face. "Why am i getting detention, professor? I did nothing wrong." 

She pointed a finger at me, "You yawned. Yawning at my class earns you detention." With one last glare at me, she turned her back, facing the whiteboard.

"I cannot attend detention today. I have a family reunion-", I lied, not wanting to state the real reason why i won't be able to attend detention. Pretty sure she would shit her pants if i told her about the mafia ball.

Yes, the mafia annual ball which is tonight. Apparently, Enzo asked me if i wanted to go with him and i could not let the opportunity of finally being able to go to one slip away. My father never let me attend one because it was the gathering of criminals. The annual ball is also the reason why Enzo and Nick could not attend school today. They were busy, let's say, preparing. You can never be too careful in places where every dangerous people are gathered.

"I did not ask you if you want to attend detention or not, young lady." She said through gritted teeth making mentally roll my eyes at her. "And i did not ask you if i could skip detention, old lady."

She dramatically let out a gasp at the old lady before shaking her head disapprovingly, "Talking back to the teacher earns you a trip to the principal office-", She pointed to the door, "Off to his office you go."

Not bothering to even reply back, i lazily got up from my seat, walking towards the door. I waved at Hunter, Liam and Seth before making my way to the principal's office.

Knocking on his door, he muttered a quick 'Enter' as he looked at me through his thick glasses, his elbows resting on the table infront of him.

"Jade," He smiled, "What did you do this time?" I raised a questioning eyebrow, shaking my head before sitting on the chair, facing him. "Mrs Puff gave me detention because i yawned in her class. I simply told her i couldn't attend detention because i have a family reunion later on then she started being rude to me which ended in me calling her an old lady." I explained with a huff making him chuckle.

"She is an old lady, isn't she?" He stated making me chuckle at this, "Don't take her seriously, i hereby free you from your detention. You can go, i expect it's lunch time right now."

Giving him one last smile after thanking him, i walked towards my locker where Hunter, Seth and Liam were waiting.

"What are you lots doing here?", I questioned with raised eyebrow as they moved aside so that i could put my books in my locker.

"It's lunch time, let's go," Seth said, putting his arms around my shoulder, "Im starving." And with that, we made our way to the cafeteria. Feeling a thousand pair of eyes on me, i looked around and glared at them. It was quite understandable when a girl is walking around with 3 boys, i bet a lot of weird thoughts were running through their sick head right now.

"Hey guys!", Amy waved at us upon our arrival. Giving her a smile, we walked towards our table. Amy is honestly the bestfriend you could ever ask for. When we came back, she hugged the life out of us excluding Lorenzo, of course. Apparently he is not much a hugger unless it comes to me, Nick' words, not mine. Anyways, back to Amy. She did not change the way she acts around us, she supported us and that is honestly everything i could ever ask for from her.

"You still did not tell me why Nick and Lorenzo hasn't attend school today." Amy reminded me as she took a bite of her sandwich.

"Every year, there's this annual mafia ball, where everyone dangerous people gather to celebrate and act like they're okay with each other." I explained as silently as i could, making sure no one hears us. Amy's eyes widened at my words, "That shit actually exists?"

I nodded, "It's tonight this year and i happen to be going there as Enzo's date."

"Oh my god." She whisper-yelled, grinning like a creep. "I wanna do your makeup, i wanna see your dress!"

"You shouldn't have told her." Seth groaned, shaking his head with a smirk when Amy glared at him. "Can i come over to Lorenzo's house?" She asked with pleading eyes. Sighing, i nodded making her squeal earning the attention of everyone.

"Sorry-", she muttered shyly before looking down on the table. "What is it with me and squealing when im excited earning everyone's attention?"

Letting out a chuckle, i patted her back, "I don't know, love. I don't know." The guys shook their head at us with a smile playing on their lips.