10

To say this situation was awkward would be an understatement

To say this situation was awkward would be an understatement. Jade's soon to be step mother whose name i don't know, kept on flirting with me.

Honestly, i was shocked that the James guy was running his operations in a place owned by me. How could i be so careless? Then again, it's not my fault. It's abandoned for a reason.

For no reason, actually. Nevermind.

She clearly fancies me. I mean, can you blame her?

"Lorenzo, nice to finally meet you. I'm Blake, Jade's brother.", The guy sitting next to Jade introduced himself.

"Likewise, Blake."

"We should probably leave," Mr Carrington stood up, "I’ll see you one of these days.”

"Have a safe ride back home," My father hugged him before flashing him a smile.

Jade was about to stand up when i grabbed her hand and pulled her back on the couch. "See you at the party tonight, Amore."

"Bye, Enzo." She shook her head, a smile tugging on her lips before following her father outside.

That smile though.

What the hell am i thinking about?

Shaking my head at my own thoughts, i made my way to my room. After taking a shower, i wore my sweatpants before plopping myself on the bed.

I couldn’t help but think about a certain girl who captured my attention the second i met. Jade’s the most beautiful girl ive ever laid eyes on. The fact that she trained herself despite her father's attempt to keep her out of the Mafia world, intrigued me. She's really good at fighting. She fights like an assassin. Who trained her? That thought has been on my mind ever since ive seen her fight.

She looks innocent but she's not. Her own father don't know that his daughter is not that little princess he raised. Pathetic, if you ask me. She's hiding something and im going to find out what.

The ringing sound of my phone snapped me out of my thoughts. I answered the call without even looking at the caller id.

"Yes?"

"Boss, we have a problem."

"What kind of problem?"

"We caught someone sneaking around the main house. We managed to catch him. What do we do?"

"Make sure he doesn't run. I'll be there in a few." With that, i ended the phone call.

What kind of fucker want to mess with me? I went downstairs in the garage and went inside one of my favourites then drove to the main house.

The main house is a huge mansion. Huge enough to hold around a thousand of men. Sure they all have their own personal homes but it is there where all the meetings take place.

Slamming the door open, i went directly to the basement. It's where we torture, kill and keep people. People who did bad things, people who messed with me, snitches, enemies. The guard looked down where i entered the basement as a sign of respect.

"Which cell?", I asked.

"13, boss." Nodding, i made my way to cell 13. The second i entered it, Luca, my cousin, was sitting in front of him.

"What's up, man?", he gave me one of those bro hug. Luca is one of the people i trust the most apart from Nick, Hunter and Liam. They all work for me. Nick is my right hand man and the others, i trust them with my life.

"Did he talk?", I eyed the man tied on the chair. He was already beaten and all bloodied.

"Nope." He sighed.

"Well, what's your name?", I asked the man in front of me.

"That's none of your business," he spat.

"See, it is my business. The second you set foot in my building, you became my business." I started, "Now, i have to deal with you. So, i am going to ask you one last time...”crossing my arms, “What is your name?”

He spat, "I ain't telling you shit."

"Well," i let out a sigh before walking towards the table containing torturing equipments. “You're the one who will be losing organs.”

Standing in front of the table, i rolled up my sleeve, putting my tattoos on display before picking up a small knife, sharp enough to cut your tongue off. I turned to looked at the stubborn man on the chair, “You wanna try that again?”

His eyes widened in fear, “What are y-you going to d-do with me?”

"How about i show you instead?” Smirking, i cut his right hand’s fingers off, earning a painful cry which was music to my ears. 

"Now,” I stood back, disgusted by the sight of his fingers on the ground. “What is your name?”

"If i tell you, do you promise to let me go?", He asked, taking a deep breath after each word.

"You're in no position to be comprising with me." I said, amused by this, "I don't think you understand what's going on here.” I continued, sitting on the chair in front of him. “Allow me to explain.”

"I ask the questions and you answer them. If you don't, a piece of yourself gets cut. And when im done with you, If you did not die from blood loss, you’ll be free to go.” I explained, seeing his eyes widen in fear. I took that as my cue to continue.

"But then again, if you don't reply to my questions, a piece of you gets cut, you'll lose blood and in order for that not to happen, you have to cooperate." I ended the explanation with a shrug.

"I'll talk." He said quickly making a smirk appear on my face. "Now, that's the spirit."

"Again, what is your name?", I asked.

"Mario."

"What were you doing here, Mario?"

"I was sent here."

"By who?"

"The Russians."

"Why's that?"

"I was told to get inside the American mafia's main house and follow their leader because he is suppose to be meeting Poison tonight." He admitted.

"Oh man.” i shook my head at his mistake. “You messed everything up. I am the leader of the Italian Mafia and the place you broke in, is the Italian mafia's main house."

"What?", He asked, realisation slowly hitting him, "You got what you wanted now. Can i go?"

"Sure." I took out my gun, pressing it to his temple. His eyes widened once again, “You said you’ll let me go.”

“I am letting you go.” I sighed before pulling the trigger, “To hell.”