46

Dinner last night was very eventful to say the least

Dinner last night was very eventful to say the least. We all stayed at my place as my father kindly asked us to. It was a good thing also, considering i will be able to keep an eye on this Jackson. My dad asked the De Luca's family to stay with us for a week and they agreed. I could not be happier.

This morning, i woke up to a bunch of messages from Amy regarding prom. Apparently, Prom is this Friday and she is very excited because Nick asked her to be his date. I mean, we all saw this coming. She somehow managed to convince me to go dress shopping with her for Prom and that is how i found myself, standing infront of mannequins, displaying lots of beautiful dresses.

As i ran my fingers through the thin fabrics of the clothes, the squealing of my bestfriend earned my attention, coming from the fitting room. Sighing, i went to see what the matter was only to find her dressed in a beautiful long purple dress with a grin on her face. She did not have to tell me that she chose this one, her expression said it all.

"This dress was made for you." I said, still in awe of how beautiful she looks in the dress. She smiled at me, "Thanks, have you found yours yet?" I shook my head before telling her that im going to find my dress.

Looking at the range of dresses, well arranged, my eyes fell on a red dress which immediately caught my attention. "I would like try this one, please." I said to the assistant who immediately nodded with a smile before handing me the dress. Thanking her, i went inside a fitting room and tried on the dress.

It was indeed a very beautiful dress, i must admit i looked really good in it. It hugged me in all the right places and i was immediately in love with it. I knew this dress was the one. Satisfied with my decision, i was about to remove the dress when the fitting room's door bursted open, revealing an excited Amy.

"Oh my god." She said, gawking at me. "You have to take this one." I nodded at her, "Im taking it."

She fist bumped the air dramatically, "Enzo's jaw will drop when he'll see you in this dress. I cannot wait to see his reaction."

Me neither.

Once we paid for our dresses, we went to a coffee shop and after that, i dropped her to her house before going at mine's.
As i entered the living room, i saw Irina and Isabella talking on the couch along with their husbands.

"Hey, sweetheart. How was shopping?" My dad asked upon seeing me and the shopping bag in my hand. "Fine." I shrugged before plopping myself down on the couch.

"What'd you get?", Irina asked with a tight smile. "A dress for Prom." I replied, not bothering showing her. I knew she wanted to see it, she kept eyeing the bag every now and then.

"Prom?" Isabella questioned earning a nod from me. "It's this Friday."

"I forgot to tell you all something-" Irina spoke, "I invited a fortune teller. She should be here any minute now!"

"A what now?" I asked, raising an eyebrow in confusion. We all had confused looks on our faces. Why would she invite a fortune teller?

"Hello." An elderly voice of a woman gained our attention, coming from the door. "I'm looking for Irina. She invited me."

"That's me!" She said excitedly before rushing off to the woman, followed by all of us. "And that's fortune teller." She introduced as i eyed the woman suspiciously. She had a huge bag around her arms and cards in her hands.

"She's probably a con artist." I stated before turning to Irina, "Why is there a fortune teller in our house?"

"Take me to a quiet room, i will show you how much of a con artist i am." The fortune teller barked at me, i raised an eyebrow in amusement at her before leading her to a quiet place as she asked. All of my family, including the De Luca followed us. The fortune teller asked us to sit, once we did, she placed her cards on the table.

"Let's start with you." She eyed me before removing a card, placing it infront of me. "I see, you have blood on your hands." She started, i almost snickered at her statement. Of course i have blood on my hands, im a bloody assassin.

"You will lose someone close to you. Trust will be broken, enmity will be formed-" She continued, "A new person, recently arrived, will be your downfall if you are not careful. Choose well who to put your trust in, my child."

I must say, this was interesting but i do not believe in it. However, by the concerned look on my dad's face, i could tell he was starting to believe the woman.

"This has been fun but i got to go." I said and left the room as soon as i could. Once outside, i let out a heavy sigh i did not know i was holding. I should not let this woman's word get into my head.

A con artist, Jade. A con artist.