48

"Stop moving

"Stop moving. The curls will turn out wrong." Amy hissed in annoyance for the third time. I mentally rolled my eyes at her. She told me that considering we are best friends, we should get ready together for Prom which is what we are currently doing. She somehow managed to convince me to let her curl my hair, only a little.

"Are you done yet?", I groaned at her, taking her sweet little time. After all, thanks to her, we have been here only for 1 hour and the guys should be here in 40 minutes. All these while, she was doing her hair, then mine.

"And done." She sighed, smiling. I looked at my hair in the mirror from the back and damn, she did a good job. Thanking her, i applied a little bit of makeup before putting my dress and she did the same. When we were done, we went downstairs where we were greeted with the guys, looking very comfortable on the couch with their phones in hand.

"Ahem.." Amy cleared her throat to earn their attention which worked. They all snap their gaze away from their phone to us. "How do we look?"

We did not have to hear it from them, we knew we looked amazing, hot and beautiful. By the expression on their faces, we already knew their answer.

"Absolutely breathtaking." Enzo smiled at us, his eyes roaming shamelessly around my body. "Why thank you." I smiled at him.

"Did i just get a compliment from the Lorenzo De Luca himself?" Amy teased, amusement dripping off her tone. Enzo glared at her, "I was just being nice. Doesn't mean it was the truth. However, my girlfriend sure does look breathtaking." He winked at me.

"Rude asshole." Amy muttered under her breath, making me laugh. "Don't worry, we both look breathtaking and hot."

"You ladies look absolutely beautiful." Hunter complimented in a flirty tone making Enzo and Nick glare at him.

"You both look gorgeous." Nick smiled at me then at his girlfriend who smiled back. "You guys don't look too bad either."

"Ready to leave?" Liam questioned, Nick shook his head, "Lorenzo's mother wanted to take our pictures before we leave."

"Where is she then?", Amy asked, looking around for any sign of Isabella. As if knowing she is needed, she appeared on the stair case with a camera in her hands. "Here i am."

"We're going to be late if you don't hurry up, mom." Enzo groaned at his mother who immediately rushed us together and asked us to pose. After taking a couple of group pictures, she said, "Couple pictures now. Alone." Looking at me and Enzo, she grinned. "Pose for mommy." Enzo rolled his eyes at her before standing behind me and wrapped his arms around my waist.

"Perfect." She beamed, clicking a couple of pictures of the two of us in different poses. After taking Nick's and Amy's couple picture, we finally left for Prom. 

~

Stepping out of the limo which belonged to Enzo, we earned everyone's attention. We ignored them and made our way inside the school's gym where Prom is taking place.  The place was loaded, everyone were dressed beautifully. "Want something to drink?" Enzo asked. Nodding, we walked towards the bar. Yes, a bar. The guys and Amy went in their different ways, probably dancing and making  out, i thought. 

After a  few minutes of dancing, the all too familiar voice of our principle gained our attention, speaking in the mic on the stage. Once everyone was silent, he started, "You have no idea how happy i am right now, seeing you all here..." He smiled, "I would like to announce the prom king and queen, i know you are dying to find out." The crowd cheered loudly making him chuckle before opening a piece of paper in which the names of the prom king and queen is written. "Let's give a round of applause for the prom king, Lorenzo De Luca and prom queen, Jade Carrington."

Enzo and i looked at each other,  knowing damn well none of us put our name in the list before turning to look at our friends who had grins plastered on their faces, with their thumbs up. Shrugging, we both made our way on the stage while everyone clapped for us. 

"Well, this is nice." Enzo muttered, sarcastically. I hummed in agreement, faking a smile at the girl who placed a crown on our heads.

The music started playing, Enzo smirked and turned to me."I believe we have to dance." He wrapped his arm around my waist. "I believe so too." I replied, placing my hands on his shoulders and we started moving to the song as did everyone else in the room. Soon, the music came to an end and i did not waste any time removing the crown which was on my head. It was itching me, really. Enzo and i left the stage and joined our friends who still had a grin on their faces.

"Now, which one of you freaks had the idea of putting our names on the list?" Enzo questioned, glaring at them all. They all pointed on Nick, who rolled his eyes muttering a 'Backstabbers'.

"Of course it was you-" Enzo started but got cut off by the ringing of his phone. Removing it from his pocket, he answered it. After a couple a seconds of just humming to whatever the person was saying, his whole demeanour changed from calm to angry. He was clenching his fist and his grip on the phone tighten, i wouldn't be surprised if it broke.

"I gotta go, there's an emergency." Enzo turned to all of us, "You guys stay here, enjoy prom and keep an eye on the girls."

"Wait wait wait," i started, "What happened?"

He sighed, running his hand through his hair before cupping my face in his hands, "I'll tell you later. I need to go."

"But-" i started only to get cut off, "I promise I'll explain everything later." With that, he placed a kiss on my lips before rushing outside.

"What just happened?" Hunter raised his eyebrows in confusion before shrugging, "Whatever. He asked us to enjoy prom, let's just do that."

"He seemed worried..." Nick pointed out earning a nod from Amy. "Im sure it's nothing important, if it was, he would have asked us to go with him." Liam stated, the others nodded in agreement.
I don't know whether Liam is right or wrong but i do know that the only reason he didn't tell us is because he did not want to ruin prom for us. I admire that, really but he could have told me.

"Guys, i have a headache." I lied, "Im going home."

"How? You came here with Lorenzo." Nick said, raising his eyebrows. "I just texted my dad to send me a car." I replied truthfully. I really did text my dad to send me a car, i had no intention of just staying here while Enzo could be in some sort of problem.

"Okay, take care." Amy hugged me and i left as soon as i could. I headed home directly and changed into something comfortable before rushing back in the car with my guns and knives to the De Luca's manor. The whole ride i silently prayed that nothing happened to Enzo.