17

We were all currently sitting in the living room of the main house

We were all currently sitting in the living room of the main house. Enzo ordered everyone to go to their own houses. Nobody dared to ask him anything and left.

He was now sitting infront of me, staring at me. I was incredibly uncomfortable under his gaze but i chose to shrug it off. Ignore it.

Nick was seated beside me with Hunter as Liam and Ryder was sitting on the couch across us. All of their gazes fixed on me.

There was silence in the room. All of us in our own thoughts until Nick decided to break the silence. "So, Jade. Care to explain?"

There was no way i could get out of this conversation now. I knew it.

"If i tell you guys, do you promise to not tell my father or brother or anyone else anything?", I asked hoping they'd agree.

"Promise." They all simultaneously except Enzo. I looked at his way and he sighed muttering a 'promise'

"So, yes. I am poison. The Mysterious assassin ," i started rolling my eyes at my own words.

It felt so weird saying that but then again, i didn't really practice at how im gonna tell someone who i am one day.

None of them said a word so i continued, "My father didn't want me to have anything to do with the mafia business, as everyone knows—" i sighed before continuing.

"But he was ignoring the fact that even if i had nothing to do with my family business, mafia related stuffs, im still related to him. Which means, constant dangers. So, i trained myself. It wasn't easy, but i did it."

Hunter was the one to ask something after 2 minutes of silence. "Doesn't explain why you became poison?"

"Boredom." I shrugged earning a shocked expression from them.

"You became an assassin because of boredom?", Liam asked bewildered.

"Yeah? My life was boring. Going to school, returning home, watch TV and other boring stuffs. I wanted to do something useful." I explained.

"And most importantly, i wanted to prove my dad wrong even if he doesn't know that his own daughter is poison."

"Prove your dad wrong?", Enzo asked after being silent the whole time.

"Yeah. He said that girls my age shouldn't be involved in mafia stuffs." I said gritting my teeth as i remembered those words coming out from his mouth.

There is was again, the silence.

"Well, im incredibly honoured to be in the presence of the one and only, poison, the talk of the underworld." Ryder broke the silence, standing up and bowed in dramatic manner.

I chuckled at his reaction while the others laughed at his pants tore apart behind a little, showing his Sponge bob underwears.

"Why- why would you wear tight pants?",  Nick asked trying to hold his laugh, failing miserably.

"Dickhead over here—" Ryder pointed towards Enzo, "Said that we had only an hour to get dressed and come here. I was in a hurry and must have taken one of my nightstand's pants. They often leave their things behind. I usually burn them." He ended with a shrug.

"You wore a girl's pants?", I asked earning a nod from him.

"Well shit." I let out, remembering my dad's engagement in an hour.

"What happened?", Enzo questioned.

"The engagement," i sighed, "Can you drop me home?"

Nodding, he said, "Yeah. Let me go get my keys." And left to get them.

"I'll see you guys tonight?", I asked the guys infront of me.

"Of course."

"Yes."

"Absolutely."

"You'll see me there."

I smiled at them and saw Enzo coming back downstairs with his keys in hand. I waved them goodbye and went inside the car.

The car roaring to life made me smile. I always have been a fan of cars. "You don't hate me, do you?" I asked Enzo as his gaze snapped to mine from the road.

"Why would i hate you?", he asked raising an eyebrow, "If anything, you just became more interesting."

"You found me interesting", I asked amusement clear in my tone.

"To be honest, yeah. I always knew you were hiding something. I suspected that when we fought those terrorists." He stated.

"Aren't you just happy you finally discovered my secret?" I said sarcastically earning a chuckle from him.

"You know the russians are after you, right?", He asked in a serious tone.

"Yeah. They don't know who i am so i have nothing to worry about." I shrugged.

"Becoming an assassin out of boredom," He muttered shaking his head amusingly, "You are something else."

"I am." I smiled and looked out the window. Before i knew it, we were infront of my house. Saying bye to Enzo, i got out of the car, closing the door and went inside the house.

I was greeted by a tons of decorations and my soon to be step mother sitting on the couch in only a very tight yellow lingerie with hairstylists, makeup artists and someone doing her toe nails.

My dad and brother was nowhere to be found. I don't blame them. Nobody wants to be punished with a sight like that.

Scrunching my nose in disgust, i made a fake gagging sound just to gain her attention which worked. Her eyes was soon piercing into my soul.

"What?" She snapped, glaring at me.

"Uh—" I started, "Ew. Just ew."  Without waiting for her reply, i quickly walked to my room hoping to get this disgusting image of Irina half naked on the couch out of my mind.

Once in my room, i couldn't help the thoughts that invaded my mind.

Is this what i am going to be seeing often in this house now? Irina walking around the house in a Tight lingerie, barefoot?

I do not want this. Is this is payback for me becoming an assassin out of boredom? They cannot get married. I cannot let that happen. What can i do? Scare her? Kill her?

Sighing, i went in the bathroom. There's only one hour left. Maybe after the shower, i can take a quick nap? I almost laugh at my own thoughts.

You? Taking a 30 minutes nap? Please.

I'll just watch movies until its time. With that thought, i opened the tap and let the water fall on me.