26

Through the whole day at school, my mind has been on whatever serious thing Enzo wanted to talk to me about

Through the whole day at school, my mind has been on whatever serious thing Enzo wanted to talk to me about. It must be really important cause man, did he sound serious.

The ringing sound of the bell snapped me out of my thoughts. I sighed before leaving the class along with Amy as we had the last period together.

"I'll see you tomorrow?", Amy asked once we were infront of her car. "Hopefully."

"Hopefully?" She raised a questioning eyebrow at me, "You talk as if you're going to die anytime soon."

I shrugged, "Death might hit you anytime." I thought about telling Amy about my life. About me being a freaking mafia princess and An assassin but then, she would be in constant danger. She is too innocent for this world and im not sure how she will think of me. Probably a murderer. I told her death might hit us anytime and it is without no doubt, true. But in my life, someone probably has a clear shot on me right now. I can drop dead right now, infront of her. But she did not have to know what i truly meant.

"You can be weird sometimes." She shook her head with a chuckle before entering her car and waved at me. "Bye." I returned the gesture and sighed as i start walking toward my car.

"There you are," I heard an all too familiar voice say "I've been waiting." I looked up to see Enzo leaning against my car. "Give me your keys."

I raised an eyebrow at his demand. "What happened to your car?"

He smirked, "Nick is drove it back home so that i could come with you or drive us to my place."

"I can drive." I stated. "I know but still, i am driving. I don't trust your driving skills for all i know, you could get us killed." He started and placed his hand infront of me, "Now, give me the keys."

Sighing in defeat, i placed the keys in his hand. I was in no mood of driving right now or more, arguing with him. He smirked in victory before getting in the driver's seat as i made my way to the passenger seat.

The drive to his house was silent. Not an uncomfortable silence. We both had a lot of things to think about and i, for one, still cannot stop thinking about what might be so serious that we had to go to his house to talk about. I was so lost in my thoughts that i didn't realise we arrived until he stopped the car.

"Come on." He said softly as i nodded, following him inside where we were met with Nick, Hunter, Liam, Seth and His parents who were all sitting in the living room, talking.

"There he is," the soft voice of a woman who i assumed was his mother said as she stood up, making her way to us. She hugged Enzo before turning to look at me and smiled, "You must be Jade. I have heard so many things about you from both my husband and son—", She stopped, brought me into a hug which I returned, "It's nice to finally meet you, sweetheart."

"It's nice to meet you too, Mrs De Luca." I smiled before turning my gaze to Enzo who was trying to hide a smile but obviously, failing miserably.

"Jade," Enzo's father walked to me, "Nice to see you again. How's your father?"

"He's fine." I replied with a smile before Enzo spoke. "Guys, we need to talk, remember?"

They all nodded, including me although im not sure why i did cause i had absolutely no clue as to why was Enzo' parents involved in this or even, needed to have this 'Talk' with us. I decided not to say anything and just sat on the couch next to Nick while Enzo sat on a single couch infront of us, looking at me.

"So—, He began, "Jade, i know you're wondering why my parents are here right now," he continued earning my full attention, "That's because they know you're poison and they wanted to be here."

My eyes widened as i quickly turned to look at his parents who were grinning. "It's fine, sweetheart. Im so proud of you." His mom was the first one to speak followed by his dad, "Such an honour it is to be in the presence of the greatest assassin of all times." 

Proud?

I smiled at them thinking if my mother would be proud of me also? Or my dad if he finds out? He would literally kill me. Couldn't i have supportive parents? Not parents, at least, couldn't my dad be supportive?

"The Russian mafia leader knows about the real identity of Poison. He knows who you are and wants you." Enzo stated as i looked at him with a shocked face.

"How?" I asked. He sighed, "We don't know. You must have made a mistake. Not kill someone who saw you?"

I leaned my head on the couch, closed my eyes and thought for a while.

Who didn't i kill that could have revealed my identity to the Russian mafia leader? It can't be one of my friends, they would never betray me.

I opened my eyes as realisation hit me. Fucking Layla. I saved her from being raped and this how she repays me? Well, im not sure if she's the one who told the Russian mafia leader about me but i have a very strong sensation that it is her. Well, only one way to find out.

"What happened?", Nick asked while the others looked at me as i ran my hand through my hair. "I might know who told the Russian leader my name." I said through gritted teeth before smirking, "We are going to pay that little bitch a little visit."