42

I was talking to my mother downstairs while waiting for Jade who's getting ready for the ball with Amy's help

I was talking to my mother downstairs while waiting for Jade who's getting ready for the ball with Amy's help. I glanced at the watch in my hands and let out a sigh out of irritating at the fact that she has been getting ready for a whole hour.

"Jade is a nice girl," My mother said with a smile and adoration could be seen in her eyes, "She's good for you."

The clicking sound of heels made me snap my gaze away from my mother to the source herself. Jade stood in the middle of the stairs in a beautiful red gown, her long hair fell on her back. She was absolutely breathtaking.

"Oh my-" My mom breathed as Jade walked to me, "You look so beautiful."

"Thank you." Jade replied with a smile before switching her gaze on me, "You look nice."

"You look absolutely breathtaking, princess." I smirked at her as she looked away from me, hiding the blush that broke out on her face.

"You guys can leave," My mom said, earning both of our attentions, "I'll wait for your father and we'll join you."

Nodding, i placed my hand on Jade's lower back, leading her outside to my car. Once we were both in, i drove to the location the ball was being held.

We stood infront of a man who was writing down names of everyone entering and announcing them, aloud. His eyes widened when he looked at me, recognition flashed in his eyes. A smirk made it's way onto my face while Jade rolled her eyes with a smile.

"Lorenzo De Luca and.....?" He started, looking at Jade for her name. "Jade Carrington."  Nodding, he announced our name once we entered the hall, immediately earning everyone's attention. Ignoring them, Jade and I walked to her dad, stepmother and brother who had a girl standing next to him.

"And you finally made it to the mafia ball." Her dad said with a scoff earning an innocent smile from Jade, "I told you, you cannot stop me."

Mr Carrington shook his head before holding out his hand for me to shake which i took. "Hello, Lorenzo."

"Hey man." Blake said, bringing me into a bro hug which i returned.

"Hello, Lorenzo and Jade." Her step mother acknowledged the both of us while looking at only me. She bit her lip, making me shudder in disgust.

"Jade, Lorenzo, meet my date, Bianca." Blake introduced us to his date. Jade smiled at her while i stood there, giving her a cold look. Can you blame me? I have a reputation to uphold. Can't have people think the Lorenzo De Luca has gone soft.

"Hello Jade," Bianca spoke to her, not bothering to speak to me. She's smart, she figured out i do not want to talk to her. "Hey Bianca, how did you two meet?"

"Well funny story actually-" Bianca started only to be cut off by a man speaking on the stage. "-Please sit down, the host would like to say a few words."

The Carrington family, Blake's date and myself sat on the furthest table. It was Jade's idea and to be honest i liked it considering none of us liked to be the center of attention. All the lights were switched off, except the one on the stage where a man whose face i could not clearly see yet because half of himself was in the dark. But as soon as he came in the lights, revealing himself, my eyes widened at the man. I could not believe who i was seeing and by Jade's reaction, she could not either.

"What the fucking shit." She cursed, looking at me as if she saw a fucking ghost, pretty sure the look on my face was the same. It mean, yours would be the same too if you saw a man who you assumed was dead standing on the fucking stage, very much alive.