46

"Jade!", The annoying voice of our chemistry teacher snapped me out of my thoughts

"Jade!", The annoying voice of our chemistry teacher snapped me out of my thoughts. Looking up, i was greeted with an old lady standing infront of my table with her hands on her hips.

"What is it you want?" I groaned. She rolled her eyes before pointing towards to board. "Go and solve this chemical equation. You look way too bored over here."

"Goodluck." Amy whispered next to me. Giving her a tight smile, i lazily walked to the board and solved the equation within a minute. The chemistry teacher was now looking at me with her jaw dropped. I smiled innocently at her before sitting back in my seat.

"That's my girl." Enzo's voice boomed across the class, making me smile at him. He winked at me before i turned back to look at the teacher. "Im surprised." She said. "Yeah it's not like your face says it all." Nick added, sarcasm dripping off his tone.

Rolling her eyes with a huff, she turned her back on us and went back to teaching. Soon, the bell rang and we all went to our other classes. The day continued like this until it was finally time to go home.

Leaning against my car, the buzzing of my phone in my pocket earned my attention. I removed my phone only to see my dad calling me.

"Hi dad." I greeted.

"Hi, Jade. I assume school is over?"

"You assume right. To what do i owe this phone call?"

"Irina wanted to invite you and the De Luca's family to dinner tonight. Could please tell them? Oh and dress fancy, Irina's brother which i did not know she has is over also."

"Okay." I sighed before shoving the phone back in the pockets of my jeans. I looked up to see Enzo and his sister, Lyla, walking towards me. "Hey guys."

"Hey, Jade." Lyla smiled at me.

"Hey, princess." Enzo said before planting a kiss on my lips. "Everything alright?"

"Irina invited you and your family for dinner tonight for whatever reason." I stated. Lyla looked confused, "Who's Irina?"

"My father's new wife." I replied.

"If she's your father's new wife, doesn't that mean that she's your stepmother?" She questioned, sounding amused. "No." I shrugged before Enzo spoke. "I'll see you at home." With a nod from me, he and Lyla made their way towards Lorenzo's car while I got into mine.

~
"Ready to go?", Enzo's mother asked, smiling at me as we stood in the living room along with Lyla, waiting for the Enzo and his father. Apparently, before leaving, they had mafia related business to attend.

"You look gorgeous." Lyla complimented with a smile, her eyes wandering up and down my black dress which stopped on my knees. "Thank you. You look gorgeous as well." I returned the complimented. She really did look gorgeous in her two piece purple outfit.