Chapter One

It was a typical rainy day in New York as I woke up in my penthouse atop One57 near Central Park.

I had an early meeting today regarding one of the subsidiaries here in the United States.

Pushing the grey blanket off of me I sat up on the side of my bed and ran a hand down my face feeling the short beard and mustache I had grown.

Standing, I walked to the curtains that covered the large window that took up an entire wall of my bedroom and pulled it open letting pale light that the thick grey clouds covered flood into my room.

I then hear a slight grown followed by the sound of a pillow moving.

"It's to fucking early" the muffled sound of my girlfriend of six years Olivia Thorne, her wavy brunette hair lay strewn across her pillow and now mine.

"It's seven in the morning Olivia" I smirk walking around the bed, to her side of it.

"And I'm tired" she replies looking up from her pillow at me, and I was met by slate grey, and emerald green eyes, peering out from between the strands of hair that had fallen over her heart shaped face.

"And your very good looking boss wants you at work in an hour and a half" I say, and she gives me a glare out from under our blanket which wasn't helping her to be intimidating.

"You're my boss" she states, and I laugh lightly while walking towards the bathroom.

"Oh right, I forgot about that" I muse pushing open the door.

"Asshole" she mutters and I smile in amusement before shutting the door, and undressing.

Stepping into the black stone tiled shower, with the rain showerhead on, I began to cleanse myself of whatever may have been on my skin while I slept.

Once I got out I dried myself off, and wiped the mirror revealing my sharp face, though my body had definitely gained a lot more of a stronger build over the past several years, and the dark beard and mustache I had also made me look a lot more mature then the youthful look I had a mere five years ago.

Washing my face, I walked out of the bathroom, and crossed the room to the closet, passing Olivia who stood picking out her outfit before going to have a shower.

"Only you would walk around our penthouse in lingerie, and a robe" I muse.

"No one else can see, also you walk around the house in a towel" she says giving me a winning smirk.

"Touché".

Walking along my side of the closet I stop at a solid black suit, and take it off it's hangers.

Dressing in it I pull open a drawer and take out a complimenting turtleneck, before pulling it over my head and buttoning my dress jacket. I then looked down into the glass topped jewelry island, and opened it removing a stainless steel Audemars Piguet Royal Oak with a black face, and fastened it to my wrist, along with a pair of black dress shoes.

Stepping out of the closet, I smooth out what I'm wearing before walking back into the bathroom to style my hair, and put on cologne.

"Can you pass me a towel please" Olivia says and glancing to the corner of the mirror I can see Olivia's head poking out from the curtain.

"I will buy a towel stand to go there" I muse pulling a towel off of the shelf and walking over to Olivia who took it muttering a quick thanks, before I walk away to go make breakfast.

Opening the bedroom door, I walked downstairs looking out of the main window that covered the entirety of the seventy eighth and seventy ninth floors of this penthouse, since the one above my penthouse was where a helipad was, along with rooftop fans, sensors, and probably the Wi-Fi, and internet antennas for this whole skyscraper were.