Chapter Nineteen

Today was the meeting with Victor, I had even taken the liberty of being apart of the convoy that would be picking him up from JFK airport.

My Maybach pulled up to the private hanger where one of the twenty-seven Gulfstream G700 jets that Winters Group operates privately for Exectutive Directors.

Pushing the door to the car open I walked across the tarmac dressed in a navy suit with a light grey turtleneck shirt underneath.

Getting to the grey plane with the Winters Group Logo on the tail fin of the jet.

Walking down the stairs was Victor in his full glory, he was Irish you could tell from the copper coloured hair that sat atop his head.

"Mr. Rivers" I say as two of my bodyguards patted him down.

"Mr. Winters" Victor replies as my guards step back.

"Sorry for the large amount of security but I'm not taking any chances with personal protection as of recently".

"No worries I would hope you would after everything" Victor says with a smile as we walk back to the car.

"Well a bulletproof car is always a good thing, after you" I say holding the door for the backseat of the car open to let Victor get into the vehicle.

"I agree, though maybe not as impressive as your rumoured car collection" Victor laughs as I shut the door.

"Rumoured? I may have to show you it one day, maybe even dinner at my place one night" I say observing him.

"I would feel like I was imposing on your privacy".

"I'm sure, but I've been to your house in Dubai" I point out.

"Very true you're also my boss and hospitality is a welcome thing " Victor adds, and I simply nod, while the line of fours cars bring us back to Winters Group.

Reaching the front we then get out and make our way to my office in a little under two minutes.

"This is impressive" Victor says as I close the door to my office and cross the room to the large window looking over New York. "Quite a view you have" he adds gesturing to Manhattan's Financial District.

"Yes it is, now sit, we have something important to discuss" I say gesturing to the chair opposite me, as I sat down in my chair.

"What is it?" Victor asks following my direction but from his expression I could tell that he was slightly worried which I intended to use to my advantage.

As twisted as that sounded I did have to operate at a certain level of fear, which came in the form of my reputation.

Without a word I took out a folder which held an NDA that stated that other then me the only person he could tell was the police.

"This is an NDA about this conversation, it's all meant for secrecy, and because of the matter that we will be discussing I unfortunately need you to sign this" I say providing a pen, and folding my hands while Victor took it apprehensively. "Feel free to read though it everything is all set up there".

After a moment of reading through the four page NDA which was heavily detailed Victor signed it.

I was organized and had memorized what it covered, since I was the one who wrote it after all. The whole purpose of it was also that I remained as the one in control of this discussion.

"I need a list of everyone at the event where the gas line exploded, it's obvious it was on purpose and I want to know who could have done it, so I was hoping you could help me in finding who it was" I say watching his every mannerism, I didn't trust anyone in the business world even those in my company I made sure that there was only so much power they had because I wasn't about to have some of the smartest university graduates become business rivals.

"I can get it for you" Victor says.

"Here" I say handing him the tablet that controlled the large hidden television screen which automatically revealed itself.

I then watched as he logged into the file that showed the list along with paying attention to the other one's and since he was doing it on a business device I wasn't actually breaking privacy by looking at what else he had access to.

"This is the list of socialites and members of staff" Victor says and I begin to read through the names.

"Thank you, Victor feel free to make a drink for yourself the bar is just over there" I say pointing to my café area that did also have a liquor cabinet.

As he walked away I downloaded the files onto a flash drive and left it on the side of the desk before resuming my scrolling through the list of names on the screen.

"Anything that sticks out to you".

"Not immediately, I am going to keep this and take a look through it, I appreciate you're help Victor, I know it can't be easy to find out that the total damage control and losses were totalled to five billion dollars".

"Eighteen point four billion Dirhams it's ridiculous, I only ever see those kinds of numbers on updates I'm given".

"You're salary is a percentage, its how I avoid paying taxes, though they come out as public projects and donations for those who really need it" I admit, which was actually something of public knowledge, I enjoy investing in all industries it's what my holding companies do, though I will admit I also privately invest too just for the sake of fun.

"Isn't that tax fraud" Victor puzzles.

"No, because it isn't actual income it's like when your house value goes up because other more expensive homes are built in the area, does that mean you then have to go to the bank to pay what your home is then valued, no you pay your mortgage plan based on the agreement. It's an agreement I have with the government to bring in product and produce capital income, I'm bringing in exports and imports every day all day through my various subsidiaries and even company chains that I own".

"So you pay taxes just not in a standard way".

"Exactly, anyways I'm sure you want to see New York so I will let you leave" I say, and he nods after downing the drink he had made.

"Thank you, Mr. Winters" he says before walking away out of my office down to the ground floor.

Once I watch Victors car drive away I press the call bell which is really just a flashing green light connected to the phone in Kaylee's office.

A moment later she swiftly makes her way into my office, stopping an appropriate distance from the desk.

"Kaylee, please take the contents of this package to the police chief, tell no one other then who it was sent by, he's my cousin Logan will understand" I say handing my PA the package that held both the tablet, and the flash drive though there was also a note inside as well.

"I can do that, anything else Mr. Winters?".

"A Flat White from Starbucks buy whatever you want from there while out" I say handing her a crisp twenty dollar note. "Call it company funded".

"Thank you sir" Kaylee says turning and walking away to go get the coffee and do the task I had asked her to do.

I then went back to my work drowning myself in it for the rest of my day, resulting in my concentration being numb to the rhythmic rain beating against my office window almost like a reminder of where I was in New York, and how high I had risen from where I once was when Winters Group was at rock bottom.

Early update there you all go, also what do you think of the meeting leave your comments below, also vote, and share. Anyways

Peace✌