Chapter Thirty Eight

The next day we all stood outside carrying things to the middle of the back yard where we were setting up the volleyball net, which would likey turn into an absolute nightmare considering all of us were competitive and this game became vicious rather quickly.

Adrian and Nico stood on opposite sides twisting the poles to make the net tight so that there was no way either side could hit the ball any easier from a certain place.

"Adrian catch" I say perfectly serving the ball to him which he sets and then catches having it bounce off his foot.

Smooth.

"We should do boys against girls" Mia suggests.

"Is that to prove to Hunter that you're better?" Nico muses.

"She wishes" Hunter scoffs receiving a sharp look of determination from Mia.

"I think this is an excellent idea" Adrian says expertly running through the various acceptable ways to hit the ball keeping it under perfect control.

This might not go well for all of us girls.

"Alright show off you going to serve the ball or play with it" Kate calls over to her brother though the amused look on her face definitely showed how similar the Winters Siblings were.

Adrian then instantly stops the ball, before walking back twenty feet from the net to serve, though there was markers of where the corners of the playing area was.

Almost in the time it took me to blink the ball had sailed over the net barely giving Mia enough time to hit it up, almost losing control of it.

It took almost no time for combined effort of all four boys to have scored fifteen points while us girls had ten.

Kate then set the ball and I spiked it straight into a corner that Riley had to dive for, but missed none the less.

"Fuck" he bit out standing and tossing the ball to me.

"You got this Olivia" Mia says to me as I exhale before sending the ball towards the net only to have Adrian block it and clearing a meter of space off the ground.

"Maybe a little higher" he remarked with a devilish wry smirk.

Only he could be an asshole, and look good while doing it.

"You do better then" I challenge and he willingly takes it preparing to send it over the net and it was only as his hand made contact with the ball that I remembered something. Nothing stops him from doing anything.

The ball was like a missile as it flew over the net hitting the ground at my feet before I could get to it.

"How in the fuck" Mia says looking from the ball to Adrian who shrugged.

"If they're going to play aggressively I guess we will too" I remark and that's exactly what happened allowing us to quickly close the score gap with only one between each side, though they were still winning.

"How about this whoever scores the next point wins over all" Nico suggests spinning the ball in his hands.

"Sure" I agree, eyeing the two idiots as they were the weak link on the boys team.

As the ball went over the net I hit the ball to Mia who set it, and Kate spiked it only to be saved by Adrian before the boys passed it around and the ball came back over.

This continued for quite a while until Nico blocked the ball when Kate tried to serve scoring the winning point, before Hunter and Riley all broke into cheers, while Nico and Adrian watched with amused looks on their faces.

"You two are special" Adrian affirms while shaking his head and walking away towards the house.

I then follow him back to the house and heading upstairs to the bedroom where I he sat on the edge of the bed with his laptop out in front of him, with his eyebrows furrowed along with a displeasing scowl on his face.

"What is it?" I ask walking over to where he sat.

"Work related stuff" Adrian says, "Winters Group is having a Winter Holiday charity event on the first of December, so next week will likely include suit, and dress fitting along with work, and event planning".

"When was the last time you publicly attended a charity event".

"I was sixteen".

"Do you not want to go?" I ask sitting down next to him, and taking his hand.

"I do want to go, I just don't want to plan anything" he says.

"My control freak boyfriend doesn't want to plan something" I muse with a coy smile, "since when?".

"Since he spent two weeks in a courtroom, and simultaneously ran a company" Adrian replies running a hand through his hair pulling strands of it that now rested on his forehead, and I instinctively moved off his face. "Though I suppose as it is my company's charity event I'm obligated to direct everything".

"I can do it if you want" I offer and he looks over at me eyeing me with a curious look.

"If you want go for it, the planning begins on Wednesday".

"So I'm going to have to start either today or tomorrow because Tuesday we go home".

"Yes, also I should probably go downstairs and get started on lunch if I don't want Riley wailing because he's hungry" Adrian says shutting his laptop.

"Has he actually?".

"We're talking about the same person who broke into my house once for some fucking Häagen Dazs".

"Sounds like Riley" I admit, watching him stand and set his laptop down on the nightstand before walking away to go downstairs.

Once he had left I got up and began looking over his bookshelf which had literally every genre of novel, though it was also Adrian, and he liked to understand everything he could about any topic, so finding a book I thought sounded appealing wasn't difficult.

I then sat down on my side of the bed and opened it to pass time. The beauty of books of any length is their ability to pull you in and as I expected from Adrian the one I was holding made me feel amerced in the world that the author had created, only to be pulled out of it as the door was pushed open, and Adrian stepped through the doorway.

"Bellissima" he says softly a small smile on his lips, and for some reason my first reaction was to check the time instead of reply.

"You called my name and I didn't hear you, right" I puzzle meeting his eyes.

Adrian then looks up in thought before eventually speaking.

"That sounds about right" he confirms looking back at me, and I roll my eyes at his antics before shutting the book and standing to go downstairs.

"Did you roll your eyes at me?" he prys though I know that he knows the answer to his rhetorical question.

"Did I" I reply as I walked out of the room, and if I didn't know any better I heard him laugh, before he walked out of our room to follow me downstairs so that all of us could enjoy whatever it was that Adrian had made though it's pleasing aroma invaded my nose making my expectations sore.

"Everyone dish up" Adrian calls over the living room as he walked over to the counter where his own plate sat prefilled, before he carried it into the dining room, soon followed by everyone else.

Ugh it's short I'm sorry but I honestly am trying to make this interesting, so at least know I'm trying, I appreciate the comments, votes, and shares though obviously I don't get to know about the last one but whatever support you all give I appreciate it. Anyways

Peace