Chapter Seventeen

Adrian Winters

Walking downstairs into my kitchen the next morning dressed in a grey and black suit.

Entering the kitchen I found Olivia already finished with her breakfast and preparing two tumbler mugs.

"Good morning" I say crossing the room to the large island.

"Morning, I made you tea".

"Kind?" I ask pulling open the key drawer to remove the key for my Bugatti Chiron Noire.

"Green" she replies and I immediately see her tell of lying.

"What's actually in the mug?".

"Earl grey for my favourite Brit" she replies, and I laugh.

"Well cheers love" I reply letting my accent fully come through.

"You're cute sometimes" she laughs.

"Cute" I muse, "we both know I am many things cute is not one of them".

"To me you are?" Olivia smiles, and I let out a sigh shaking my head slightly at the brunette across from me.

"We need to go" I say spinning the key I'm holding, and walk away to the front door with Olivia in tow.

Pushing open the door we stepped out to lock the door before walking down to the garage which I opened before walking down into the concrete garage filled with my many expensive cars though the whole thing wasn't filled considering it was built to hold several dozen cars, and I owned forty here in the Hamptons.

Unlocking my most driven hypercar I slid into the expensive leather seats and started the car which growled to life as Olivia pulled on her seatbelt, and shut the passenger door.

Driving up the low slanted ramp I pulled out of the garage, and got out of the car so that I could close the garage doors.

Getting back into the Bugatti, I drove off towards Winters Group tower where I could almost ensure being swarmed by people all wanting to know what happened in Dubai.

An hour later I pulled up to Winters Group Headquarters and got out of the car before locking it after Olivia had joined me on the sidewalk.

Walking through the lobby and passing the various staff conducting their duties in the building and actually earning their six figure salaries.

"Mr. Winters" I hear the familiar voice of my Chief Finance Officer.

"Mr. Anretti" I reply looking at him, as he slowed to pace match me and Olivia.

"The first response file on what happened in Dubai yesterday" he whispers as he handed me a file.

"Thank you Mr. Anretti, we'll continue this conversation in my office" I say as the elevator doors opened, "after you both" I add letting them walk inside the metal car.

Stepping out a moment later Olivia, and Mr. Anretti followed me into my soundproof office.

"Sit both of you" I say gesturing to the two chairs in front of my desk as I walk around to the other side of it to my own leather chair.

Once they both had sat down I began.

"This file here contains what exactly?" I ask looking at my CFO.

"Every detail found at the sight and what is going into the investigation and clean up of oil" Mr. Anretti replies.

"Thank you" I say flipping it open and reading through the file before shutting it and setting it on my desk with a sigh.