Chapter Three

I sat in my office working on a file as rain beat against the window which was one of the last one's before lunch. I already knew that at some point I would have to stop and actually go but that's also kind of difficult when I have so much work.

Some people might disagree but then again I also manage a company that would probably overwhelm most people, there was no stock every decision I make reflected the whole company, public companies didn't have to worry about going under as easily, because the public owned shares of their company not Winters Group, so here I sat for hours making sure my global industrial enterprise went smoothly.

Suddenly there was a knock on my door making me look up.

"Enter".

The door then opened and Kaylee poked her head into the building.

"The CEO for Harrington Industries is here, his car arrived just now" she says.

"Direct him here please" I say folding my hands.

"Yes Mr. Winters", and with that Kaylee walked away shutting the door.

Using the minute I had I marked where I was in the folder with a sticky note, and closed it, before setting it aside.

I then collected my things before my office door opened and a hazelnut brown haired man with green eyes dressed in a navy blue suit walked across the floor towards my desk.

"Nico" I greet.

"Adrian" my closest friend replies.

"It's been a while" I say.

"Yes it has but I have people, businesses, and governments to help be secure" Nico says.

"And I have a global enterprise to oversee" I say walking around the desk towards him.

"It shocks me at times that you fully rebuilt Winters Group, and Kate has to remind me it's you".

"Kate is like that" I sigh walking towards the door of my office spinning my key.

"Yes she is, but I was the one who fell in love with her" Nico admits.

"It's like that Nico" I say pushing open the door and letting both of us out before walking away towards the elevator.

It was interesting the looks me and Nico attracted even from my own staff, one's of admiration and respect, though I suppose if two of the wealthiest people in the world were in front of you one probably could all but feel the power that both of us held.

Stepping into the elevator I pressed the bottom button, before the doors shut and we were carried down to the bottom floor of Winters Group HQ.

Walking out of the elevator I crossed the lobby out towards my car which was parked in front of Nico's Audi R8 V10.

"You're making the curb appeal of Winters Group go up with a Pagani parked in front of it" Nico remarks unlocking his car.

"And Harrington Industries makes the best security tech in the world" I counter.

"I will deny that because it's your company that provides security to a level I can understand but not surpass".

"You know how it works".

"Yet I can't actually get past the first firewall" Nico reminds me as he pulls open his door and I smirk when I asked him to get into my phone as a test, and he couldn't, though had he at the time all of my files would be able to be stolen, now I have the same amount of security for my phone as my entire headquarters.

Dismissing me and Nico's tech nerd conversation, I lifted the door to my car and slid into the driver seat. I then start the engine and pull my door shut as I drive away towards Eleven Madison Park.