Chapter Seven

The rest of the week was a blur filled with meetings, paperwork and an interview I planned for the first week of November.

My car was also on it's way back so I instructed Elijah to keep it covered in my driveway because October in New York essentially meant it could rain at any time.

Olivia and I however also packed to go to Dubai for the next week both for a vacation and the opening of Eastern Oil.

Walking down the steps of our house we got to the Maybach that was waiting for us in the driveway.

Getting to the car I slid into the back of the gloss black and grey vehicle which also happened to be bulletproof.

How ironic.

I then reach over my shoulder and buckle my seat before getting comfortable for the drive to JFK airport.

Olivia then got in on the opposite side before Elijah and Haden one of my other trusted bodyguards got into the front seat before pulling out of the driveway and heading off towards the airport.

The drive was fast not as fast as I drive but it's also not like this car was meant for speed unlike the vast majority of my garage.

Passing the various burrows from the Hamptons down along the southern main highway all the way to the airport which quickly packed full of cars since there always seemed to be people leaving or entering New York.

Driving along the lines of vehicles that occupied the drop off lane at the front entrance Elijah brought us to the gate that with the correct credentials allowed one into the back of the airport to go to their private jet or aircraft.

As the car neared a hanger that could easily fit two small Gulfstream jets I watched the doors slide together revealing my Boeing 777X painted in black and grey with silver along the separational line.

"Ah yes your mansion in the sky" Olivia muses and I laugh.

"It fits a lot of stuff inside, besides I like space" I admit as the car stopped and I got out before walking to the back of the car and lifting the trunk to remove both mine and Olivia's duffle bag, which I insisted on carrying even though I had staff on my plane that would do that for me.

Walking up the steps to the massive plane my personal pilot Stephanie stood at the top of the stairs as me and Olivia walking into the black carpeted interior with dark grey walls and silver accents along with silver door handles, and light fixtures.

The passenger area that we walked into had twenty seats of the once over four hundred that this plane could accommodate but I also bought it and chose to add such things as a walk in entryway closet, living room, six bedrooms, a kitchen, lounge, office, meeting room, mini theatre, and bar area.

Walking over to one of the Hermes leather seats I sat down and buckled the seat while waiting for everyone to be on board which in this case meant Elijah travelled with us. He normally did just not on the same plane so the fact that he was, showed exactly how much the threat to my life was being taken seriously though I understood the mentality since I would do everything I could to keep the people around me safe, and have done just that.

As the door closed I patiently waited for the engines to whir up to full power something that on rainy days could easily be demonstrated by pushing water out the back in long streams of artificial wind.

After a moment Stephanie's voice came through the inter com speakers announcing that we'd be taking off in a moment, and be off towards Dubai, and landing there at nine AM Dubai time.

When the plane reached cruising altitude we were allowed to get up and walk around the cabin, which I quickly made my way to my office to work on everything for this week which actually wasn't that much since I had been working extra hours to have this whole week off, but I had a few things to double check.