Chapter Twenty Eight

For my second day in Switzerland I chose to make use of the ski hills that surrounded Zurich. At the peaks there was a fair layer of snow to use and mess around on.

I had packed all of what I needed for the day along with made sure I got to the mountain I'd be skiing long before anyone else.

After pulling into the parking lot I double checked I had everything before going to the spot where I had asked a helicopter to be waiting for me.

The reason was that I was too lazy to walk to the top of a mountain even though I had two cups of coffee before getting here.

When the helicopter got to me I sat on the side while we rose up towards the peak of the mountain, which gave me the ability to look down over the entire valley along with the various other skiers, and snowboarders that had arrived right as the hills opened.

As we got to the top I hopped off and thanked the pilot before readying myself for what I was about to do.

It would also be a lie to say I wasn't at least a little unnerved at being in top of a mountain with the only way down being to go down three thousand feet of snow.

Well this should be fun.

Pulling my jacket over my gloves, and pulling the poles out of the snow, that I had tossed down before me I thought about how it would have probably been better to do this on a snowboard but it was too late to turn back now.

I didn't want to snowboard as a kid but when I got older I decided to learn so I did know how to snowboard I just chose not to mostly because I found this to be more enjoyable, but there were definitely times I would go snowboarding, or should. Like right now.

Giving into my courage I began my descent down the mountain, and as I did I could feel myself speeding up as I began moving down the mountain, gaining speed each second.

After a while I reached terminal velocity and relaxed as I snaked my way down the mountain once I actually got to the area's where most people were willing to ski and snowboard.

I then spotted a trail and made my way down to it, and taking the turns until I wound down to the bottom.

Stopping with a shower of snow, I unclasped my skis and looked back up the mountain that I had just come down, along with everyone else that was there.

After a while I got to the lift to be carried up to a decent point, so that I could take some of the other paths on the mountain.

Several hours later I stopped solely because I'd been down every hill that interested me, and I was hungry by the end of it.

Taking off my skis for the last time I walked to the parking lot where I brushed the snow off of them before sliding them into the storage area of a Aston Martin Vanquish S.

I then took off my toque and gloves before starting the car, and beginning my drive back towards my lodge.

I also had work to do, that was the reality of vacation that revolved around work.

My meeting may have been about my assets and investments, but I did have to work more specifically on beginning the process of a system that was already implimented on my own banks.

A backup separately powered system that could hold record of individual wealth even when other main power generators of a building were off.

I also wouldn't go into the specifics of how it worked but it was effective and actually something I had designed myself when Winters Group tower was under construction over nine years ago, though the power system was on a much larger scale.

Getting back home I parked, and made sure the garage closed so that the heat that was in there wouldn't leave.

Though I'm also lazy and hate brushing off my cars in winter.

Walking inside my house I headed upstairs to my kitchen and returned the key to its place in the drawer, before boiling my kettle, and crossing the room into my living room where my laptop sat.

I then opened it and began taking notes of what it would need to do, before sending it to Winters Tower in downtown Zurich.

It sort of felt odd how Winters Group was originally an engineering and architecture firm when it had first been named Winters Enterprises, and now it was the leading company in green energy and power systems on the planet.

When the return email came I signed off on the added ideas after reading them over, and agreeing.

After that I began designing a rough draft of the idea so my engineers and architects knew what they were supposed to go off of for reference.

Of course they had civil liberty to make alterations and problem solve making it actually functional but for the most part what I seemed to come up with worked.

Maybe I would be an engineer if I wasn't rich.

Once that was also finished I sent that off for them to do as they needed, besides quarterly bonuses came from these types of projects.

Closing my computer I walked back i to the kitchen to make my tea and go back to sitting down by the fire in hopes of getting lost in a novel.

Crossing the room to a bookshelf set into the wall I ran my finger along the line of books until I stopped on a book Under The Light Of The Italian Moon by Jennifer Anton.

I would admit I likely spent to much time wanting to know everything I could as a child, so my interest in history, and politics makes sense, at least it does to me.

Walking back to my spot on the couch I lie back into the cloth while turning on the fireplace from across the room, before opening the book I had chosen and began reading, while taking occasional sips from my mug.

I don't really know what it is about suspense or mystery novels that I liked so much. I just did they made me intrigued and have to think about it as if I was a character experiencing what they did. So it's probably the emersion of the books.

At some point I finished my mug and didn't notice leaving me to stare dumbly into it like a kid wondering where all their McDonalds fries went.

Well shit my cup is empty.

I then walk back into my kitchen to refill it, and make another one, something I did four more times before falling asleep on my couch my book left half read.

That was short but I also spent four hours shovelling instead of writing unfortunately so that's also why it's a bit late, but please comment, vote, and share. Anyways

Peace✌