Chapter Sixty Five

Adrian Winters

Walking downstairs I pulled a checkered alternating shade patterned trench coat over the arm of the dark tan turtlenecked pullover I was wearing, in my opposing hand was a Hermes duffle bag that held my stuff for our trip, and dropped it at the front door, before going into the kitchen which smelled like pancakes, and French toast alone with various fruits which quickly became evident as to why when my eyes landed on the two perfectly organized plates of food.

Behind the counter was Olivia humming along to music while also dancing as she cooked bringing an admiring smile to my lips. Crossing my arms I watched as she made two cups of orange pekoe tea before turning around being met by my eyes, which soon locked onto hers.

"Good morning bellissima" I muse dropping the coat over one of the vinyl stools before walking around the island.

"Good morning Adrian" she replies before furrowing her eyebrows at me as I put my arms around her waist. "How long were you watching me?".

"Since you were just finishing off your cooking, also thank you for making breakfast, I'm sure it will taste amazing".

"Well I hope it does" Olivia beams before skipping around the counter to slide the plate towards me.

Picking up the fork sitting on the corner of the plate I stab one of the peaches she had cut up and raise it to my mouth.

"How did you know this was my favourite fruit?" I smirk knowing that I buy them in bags and in under a week I will have eaten them all.

"Because you have them with almost every breakfast, the only one you don't is cereal, on the rare moments you have it" Olivia replies as she too begins eating her breakfast.

"I do like peaches, and they go with everything so why not" I muse drizzling maple syrup onto my French toast before taking a bite of it, and having my mouth be invaded by it's sweet rich notes.

"You're an interesting person, also I went out and pulled the F12 out and put my bag in it for the day trip, you however I know haven't packed yet or have you?".

"Yes I packed Livi, my bag is at the front door" I exhale laughter gesturing to the front entryway of the house.

"That's good, I'm really excited to go to Paris" she says, and her overly bubbly nature this morning speaks volumes to that.

"I can tell, and I am too" I admit as I go back to eating.

Though also slightly nervous.

Moments passed as we finished off our breakfasts before putting everything away and doing a double check that we had everything we would need. When we confirmed that we did actually have everything I grabbed my sunglasses because for once it wasn't cloudy in London, and crashing was not on my to-do list.

Pulling my coat on we stepped out the front door and I locked it while Olivia went down to the car, and slid into the passenger seat.

Something I enjoyed about being far away from central London was the lack of pollution and this was a more private residential area, so I was graced with cool morning air that reminded me of mornings in the Hamptons.

Walking down to the car I opened the back and put my bag in beside Olivia's before shutting the trunk, and getting into the driver seat.

"Your Uber has arrived" I mutter pulling on my seatbelt, and compressing the brake and pressing start.

"Ferrari Uber makes sense" Olivia laughs as I begin to drive away down the driveway.

"You have been driven around in sports cars most of your life Olivia, I don't think your unfamiliar with it" I muse speeding off along the roads and handing my phone to my girlfriend. "Put in the route to the ferry crossing please, I may be familiar with the UK but I also know there are a thousand little communities in this country".

"Adrian Winters getting lost, I don't see it".

"It's happened before, I'm not perfect".

"To me you are" Olivia says resting her hand atop my open one.

"If I'm perfect you're flawless" I swiftly respond with ease, and out of the corner of my eye I see her blush.

"I'm never going to be a hundred percent used to you being able to give flirty compliments, it's worse because I know you're being fully honest".

"Never going to lie to you, not even for a second" I say taking a corner as she sets the phone down in the phone rest connected to an aux cord for us to listen to music.

"I know you won't" she says before turning up the music, as we passed along the roads around the capital of England.

Hours later we got to the ferry gate, and I waited in line with my window rolled down waiting for the chance to pull up to the gate and check into the trip.

"Look at that little kid" Olivia exclaims and I turn to see a little boy and his parents in a car a few rows over and the boy was peeking out of the top of the window pointing at our car.

"Like me that young just I snuck into the garage and stared at them" I muse before pulling up to the gate.

"Good morning, passports" the woman running the booth says and I hand them over for her to do a check.

After a moment and several bouts of keyboard typing they were handed back to me.

"Pull up to the gate" she says and I thank her before pulling off to do just that.

When I pulled into the ferry bay I parked, and climbed out of the car along with Olivia.

"What's the plan now bellissima?" I ask looking over at her.

"Well coffee then I guess we wait to get to France" she suggests and I nod as a way to acknowledge her.

We then climb the steel steps up to the top deck before coming out into the clustered and overpacked food court. Round tables dotted the carpeted area with chairs tucked under the unoccupied areas and in some cases the entire table. The smell of cleaner seemed stronger then usual while staff had apparently tried to cover it with some form of floral scent that wasn't overpoweringly sweet which at least made it semi-pleasant to be in an area this crowded.

Getting to the front of the café lineup I set down a ten pound note, which was more then enough for both me and Olivia to order our chosen coffees before heading up out onto the wooden deck that had been slightly iced over from the low lying fog that seemed to clear out on the channel.

Both Olivia and I then settled ourselves on the steel railing clasping our drinks with our hands which luckily for both of us was keeping them warm enough to not turn blue from the wind while staring along the French coastline long having relaxed into the journey while waiting for the trip to conclude. But in the hours that we had I was going to enjoy every second I could with Olivia, in fact I intended to do that for the rest of our lives.

Second to last chapter everyone I will admit this has been one of my favourites to write. Comment, vote, and share. Anyways

Peace✌