Chapter Forty Seven

I had no idea where I was all I could smell was cleaner, almost like a med clinic or a hospital.

Hospital.

Opening my eyes, well actually barely opening my eyes I looked around my narrow field of view around a white walled room with several beeping medical machines all of which I could name.

Why the fuck can't I move?

I tried to and couldn't. My legs, no. Arms, no. Fingers, nope, how about head, no.

For fuck sake.

"Doctor how is he" I hear someone say and I then make out my sister, which is odd because I last remembered her in NYC not Cannes.

"He's alright Ms. Winters he just had a paralytic to allow us to remove the bullet, it should wear off in a moment".

"You hear that Olivia, Adrian will be fine" Kate says turning to apparently face my girlfriend.

Olivia then moved close enough to be in view and it was heart breaking seeing her face stained with tears, her hair slightly messy, dark bangs were noticeable from here under her eyes, and every fibre of my being wanted to walk over to her and wrap her in my arms and never let go for the next hour.

Don't cry bellissima, because I can't wipe them away.

I then spotted the boys and quickly realized everyone came to Cannes when this happened, and I quickly saw how everyone was comforting the other, Nico was holding Kate and gently rubbing her back, Kate was consoling him in return, along with Olivia, Ava was comforting Olivia who were both trying to cheer the boys up, Hunter was telling Mia that everything would be alright, and Mia was reassuring Riley.

The spider web of support for one another was nice to see, but also showed how much years of being together turned all of us into something more then friends.

After a while Olivia moved away from everyone and moved to check all the machines that were working to keep me alive though I doubt I needed it as I was conscious.

"Adrian I'm so sorry for putting you here, after all you only did it to protect me".

"Oli-a" I managed to get out though it was quiet and not loud enough for her to hear, or see since her eyes had glazed over with tears.

"Oliva" I say a bit louder though I can't seem to get the other I to come out.

Fucking anesthesia.

I then try to move again and all I seem to be able to do is move my fingers, so one by one I begin to try individually moving them, slowly succeeding but not easily.

"Adrian, are you awake".

"I can't bloody move" I mutter my accent fully taking over, and this time managing to get her to hear me, proven by her laughing.

"Can you sit up?" she asks, and I slowly do what I can to sit up though it was slightly difficult.

"Apparently but I won't be able to walk, I know how this shit works I had it happen before".

"When could you walk again?" Olivia asks finding my lack of mobility as funny as me.

"Six PM and I had the surgery at like nine in the morning, nine whole ass hours" I say.

"We've been here for eight, they all landed half an hour ago, and then got helicoptered here" Olivia says.

"So in theory I should be able to stand" I say scooting to the side of the bed where my legs hung pathetically over the side.

"Don't you fucking think about it, you already ended up here for doing something stupid" she scolds, but I found it more cute then intimidating.

"I just kept my promise Livi" I say folding my hands.

"Why did you have to actually take a fucking bullet for me though you idiot".

"Because I have no intention to let you get hurt, also you are too cute to be intimidating" I muse giving her a small amused smile.

"I hate you" she says narrowing her eyes at me.

"Then why were you crying mon ange?" I say reaching up to her face and wiping her tears away, making a small smile appear on her face.

"Because I'd miss you if anything bad happened to you" Olivia says.

"And now you know why I would always protect you, also I was wearing a bullet resistant shirt for those kind of situations".

"There are moment's I am mad at you for doing shit like this, then I remember how much you hate being in hospitals".

"I don't hate being in hospitals I hate having fucking tubes in my body" I remark carefully sliding off the bed and allowing my body to adjust to holding up my weight.

"If you collapse I will not be able to help you get back up" Olivia says before the door opens again.

"Hi Olivia how is... Adrian, holy shit" Hunter says walking into the room and walking over to me, and hugging me.

"Ambrose what are you doing?" I laugh.

"Dude we all thought you died" he says.

"And I'm alive also please let go before this turns into a group hug" I say and he does that right before everyone comes in and I end up being hugged by everyone including Nico and Mia's parents who it seemed had also flown across the world to Cannes.

"Adrian you're alright all of us emergency flew here to see you" Nico's dad says gripping my shoulder and for some reason it felt comforting.

"Well I'm alright other then I'm standing in a room of everyone I know partially loopy and dressed in a medical gown" I muse.

"Then we should get you out of here" Nico says leaning on the end of the bed.

"Yeah but I'm not getting dressed in front of all of you this isn't a night club" I say and the all leave and shut the door allowing my privacy to change into the apparent new pair of clothes I had been brought overnight before opening the door and walking out to see everyone waiting.

When they all stood I noticed a nurse walking through the hall consulting something on a notepad.

"Excusez-moi où se trouvent lentrée et la sortie de lhôpital que je dois payer pour ma facture médicale" I say rather glad the I spent so many years learning languages through the years.

"Aller au bout du hall et prendre à gauche il y aura un ascenseur au premier bureau que vous trouverez".

"Merci" I say turning and leading everyone through the halls at a normal pace as I can't exactly walk at my full speed since I was still getting used to walking again.

When we finally got outside they all went off towards their cars while Olivia brought me over to my Spyker.

"You brought the one car I always drive when here, not usually what I would expect for a hospital trip" I remark as she lifted the door and got in, while I did the same.

"It's fun to drive though" she responds while starting the car and pulling away from the curb to head back towards the house.

After a few moments a thought crossed my mind.

"Olivia who shot me and did they catch them?" I say, and I can see her clench the steering wheel a habit of mine when I'm angry or frustrated by something.

"Victor shot you, and yes he was caught, hopefully he will be put on trial".

"Hopefully, he will" I state looking over at her, "no one gets to nearly kill you and just walk away".

"So what are you going to do?" Olivia asks looking over at me.

"Make sure he never leaves a concrete box for a very long time" I reply before pulling out my phone to ensure that is exactly what happens.

Today's update for all of you, so there is what is going on with this whole thing, I am also getting a bit excited for the end of this book, and I think you all will be too, all I'll says is it's been a long time coming, comment, vote, and share. Anyways

Peace✌