Chapter Twenty Nine

Olivia Thorne

Adrian comes home today, meaning more then one thing.

First is that I never had to be acting CEO in his absence until now, and it was then that I noticed how busy his job is.

I couldn't do his job.

It was another day though which meant I had to pull myself out of my revorie and focus on the work in front of me.

File after file that all had to be signed off on, taken to the corresponding floor, and executed correctly, on top of getting reports for the Dubai incident that was still under investigation despite the pipeline being fixed.

Letting out a sigh I glanced at the clock.

10:17

It was three in Switzerland and Adrian left the country at Twelve PM in Zurich which meant he'd be landing here by One PM.

"Excuse me, Ms. Thorne" I glance up to see Jessica my assistant standing in the door.

"Yes Jessica" I reply waiting for her to continue.

"There is are visitors here for you" she informs me.

"Names?" I ask, even though I have a good feeling of who.

"Mia, and Kate" she replies, "they wouldn't give lastnames".

"Let them in" I direct and she nods before walking away.

A moment later my frosted glass door is pushed open and my two friends walk into the office, both dressed like they could be runway models, yet I knew well enough that they just had expensive taste in clothing.

"Look at you miss COO" Mia says.

"I'm acting CEO right now as well until Adrian gets back from Switzerland" I say closing the confidential file in front of me.

"Does your pay go up to fifteen percent for the four day trip he took?" Kate muses.

"No, and I wouldn't want it too" I reply, "I have enough money as it is".

"I have zero doubts about that also when do you get off of work".

"This was my last file for today, Adrian assigned a new project so that's what's going on, along with one that he has yet to meet with Nico about and fully cooperate in board room".

"They're both busy all the time I have no doubts about that" Mia laughs.

"Nico is also looking out for his friend he's been looking into finding the person behind the dual attempted assassinations on Adrian" Kate says gripping the back of one of my chairs.

"They've acted like brothers since knowing one another of course Nico is looking for who tried to kill Adrian" Mia says gesturing out to New York, "the person is also still out there which is the scariest part".

"Can we not talk about this please" I state, not liking the uneasy feeling in my stomach that this conversation has.

"I'll stop" Mia says while Kate gives me a soft comforting look.

I'm close with all the girls, but solely because Kate and Nico live not too far away from me and Adrian they were the one's that knew me the best besides Adrian who uncovered everything through just spending time with me.

Now I'm a billionaire at twenty-two, and am a co-founder along side the same man who showed me the world both figuratively and literally, yet I also know nothing would matter if he was suddenly ripped away from me, I didn't like this feeling of helplessness to be able to stop Adrian from being in harms way.