Chapter Fifty One

It had been three days of the trial three days where Adrian left to do one thing and I another.

It was also quite evident that Adrian didn't really want to go to another trial of watching another person who had wished to do him or myself harm face something that was almost inevitable especially since there was so much that had been placed against Victor.

I had also been reorganizing my office over the past two days since there wasn't actually anything that desperately needed doing though I was making sure that things were going well so at least I was doing my job.

My desk had been moved from in front of the window to in front of my bookshelf though it held every file I had access to and needed to keep for various reasons that were only known to myself, and Adrian, same as how Adrian's own office had been locked in his absence because of classified information about Winters Group inside.

There was also two cloth chairs in front of the electric fireplace with a rustic clock set above it on the mantle for the sake of making it feel less professional though I did manage to keep everything in an appropriate manner for a workspace, and office of a COO.

Then the door opened and Jessica stepped into my office holding a box of folders.

"Ms. Thorne this was all the files you asked for" she says as I stood looking over New York from my window.

"Thank you Jessica could you please put them on my desk" I say pointing across the room at my now slightly messy desk since I had been neglecting putting anything away mostly because I was trying to make sure I had done what I wanted with the one thousand square feet of space my office was.

"Anything else you need me to do?" she asks politely gravitating towards the doors.

"No, that is all thanks" I say moving from the window back to the desk where I began removing the various files and organizing them in labelled folders, which was a lot more helpful then I originally thought it would be.

Then suddenly my work phone rang and I reached over to put it on speaker.

Yes I have a work phone which is mostly for business trips.

"Good afternoon, Olivia speaking".

"Good afternoon Livi" Adrian's voice says rather cheerfully through the speaker.

"Hi Adrian, what has you in such a good mood?".

"They're telling me this trial will be done by the end of the week, which means I will get to take you to London earlier then I thought, if you want to go a week earlier then we normally do, and if not, an extra week in New York is always welcome".

"Do you want to do something to celebrate".

"Like what? Elijah home please" Adrian says before the sound of a door closing could be heard.

"We could have a family dinner essentially, besides the last time we all saw one another it was when you were in a hospital bed, that's not exactly ideal conditions to see each other" I point out getting the file holders put on the correct shelves, along with putting up some of the decorations that I had bought for in here.

"No I guess it wasn't, well how about this everyone can come to the marina I want to make use of my yacht, and well your mom has never been on it, and neither has Nico's parents" he says.

"Alright I'll move the rest of my schedule to tomorrow, and come home to get ready for that then" I say, "besides work hadn't actually been that busy, and everyone seems a little sluggish today".

"It's December everyone wants to go on vacation, and not have to worry about anything, even me I want these fucking trials to just be over" he sighs and I can all but picture him running his hand through his hair out of habit of stress.