Chapter Twenty Four

Adrian Winters

I fucking hate everyone, and unfortunately that includes my accountant who I demanded come to Winters Group Headquarters, and he likely knows he is damn lucky that I couldn't drive down to HSBC to yell at the accountants and security staff there.

It's also not the money I was mad about it's that the bank allowed for that amount of money to be taken from my account, and only after I had lost that amount of money was I informed of what happened. By my Personal Assistant none the less.

The door to my office was pushed open slowly and my accountant walked through the doorway towards my desk.

"Angela" I say standing and leaning against my desk with my fingertips touching the desk surface.

"Mr. Winters" she says instinctively taking a seat on the opposite side of the desk.

"I will be blunt, you have exactly one opportunity to explain how ten point two million dollars was pulled from my account" I say flatly all while reigning in my emotions so I don't act irrationally.

"The bank was doing a blackout drill, in the single minute of the blackout your account was accessed and had a major withdraw before we all caught onto it, and closed the account, I then phoned here thinking this was where you were, which was when Kaylee told me she'd phone you since you weren't at work" Angela says.

"Where has my money gone?" I ask calling Elijah which he picked up.

"It was all tracked to the account of a Landon Wright" Angela says, and I hang up the call so my security can find this Landon Wright.

"Track everything, and I want him found, and prosecuted" I state.

"I will get right to it" Angela says giving me a curt nod.

"Thank you, you are free to leave" I say straightening a group of files, before pulling out my phone.

Once Angela left I dialled Elijah again and put him on speaker phone.

"Mr. Winters" Elijah says into the receiver.

"Elijah what have you found on Landon Wright?" I ask flipping open the last file I have before I am allowed to go home.

"He's currently staying in the Jace Asher Hotel in Midtown. It's been reported he arrived in a brand new blue Maserati, with an estimated fifty thousand dollars of baggage.

"So he's easily spent three to four hundred thousand dollars of my money".

"Yes from what we can find records of".

"Criminals like him will try money laundering by immediately sending the money over seas or into stocks, trust me I know" I say.

"So what should I do".

"I want the entirety of Manhattan closed down and police to close in on the hotel, I will be arriving at the Jace Asher via helicopter in ten minutes" I say.

"Yes Mr. Winters I will make sure Police know, along with your worries for your money vanishing" Elijah says.

"Thank you, see you later" I say before hanging up the phone and signing the bottom of the page before putting the files to the side of my desk and pressing the call button to Kaylee's office.

"Yes Mr. Winters" Kaylee's voice came through the speaker.

"I have files that need to be taken to their appropriate location, please do that, also fax my schedule for the next week to me, I will deal with it when I get home".

"Yes Mr. Winters" she says, and I let go of the button before walking away to go get into my helicopter so that I could go to one of my hotels.

Getting up to the roof top I walked up the stairs and over to my helicopter which was running with my pilot in the front seat.