Chapter Fifty Nine

Walking out of my last meeting for the day I walked through the top floor hallways of Winters Group, most of the offices long since abandoned, their occupants having gone home hours prior, while their CEO and most of my executives all stayed to finish up their day, I had another hour of work to sift through probably more at it was seven at night.

Pushing open the door to my office I crossed the room tossing my jacket over a chair and sitting down in my personal chair before opening my laptop to pull up the weeks growth chart compared to the previous week.

I then pulled the first file over to me and flipped it open before beginning to read through everything fact checking, and double checking the instructions I gave the whole way through.

It wasn't the easiest thing but I enjoyed the silence it provided me as I worked, I would find myself focused on it a lot more then I realized so much so I failed to hear the door of my office open, and the sound of heels until I watched a tablet slide onto my desk with a picture of me yesterday morning talking to Aria, an innocent photo at the least but then again the person who took the photo blew it out of proportion.

Winters Group CEO spotted with Fashion Designer

At the renouned La Grande Boucherie yesterday billionaire businessman Adrian Winters was spotted talking to Fashion Designer Arianna Verille.

The incident was escalated through the casual non chalence of both sparking wonder if there is anything more going on between them.

There has also not been any major changes to either of their lives but the most coincidental thing is Ms. Verille's own moving to NYC from Paris a few months prior to this photographed interaction.

Many are left skeptical of this event and should anything more happen will be documented and reported on.

I'm gripping the edge of my desk in white knuckled anger though no other sign came as a reaction before I looked up to see Olivia standing looking down at me and the tablet.

"I'm making this bullshit disappear and the reporter is about to wonder how their worthless fucking career vanished" I seethe standing and flicking the final file shut before tossing onto the pile at the edge of my desk.

"You can't just take someone's career".

"No but I can make sure they have a ban on reporting, for promoting false narrative" I say picking up my phone, and zooming in on the name of the person who wrote the article which also was the person who took the picture.

"That's the equivalent of ruining someone's reputation" Olivia points out.

"What would you have me do instead, because I think my reaction is at least a little justified, besides we already deal with enough media attention we both don't need some false fucking rumour going around" I state.

"Have the person fired, their reputation is damaged for some unknown reason, the article gets removed, there is no drama, and in the end you aren't connected to the sudden fall from grace of this reporter, simple and indirect" she suggests.

"Alright I can do that" I say dialling the head of the article house where it was published from so that I could very quickly eliminate this issue.

"Good evening" a very tired man says.

"Good evening, I'm calling about a recent article that one of your reporters put out, Neil Jacobs" I say setting down the phone on my desk on speakerphone.