Chapter Five

Lying in bed wasn't as comfy tonight, mostly due to the thought of the ensuing media frenzy that would surround Adrian and I over the next few weeks something neither of us would like at all.

"Your thoughts are pretty loud" Adrian's voice came from next to me as it sat at its softest tone.

"I'm thinking about the media coverage the attempted assassination on your life will have" I reply turning to face him.

"You don't have to worry about that we own helicopters, besides my car went back to Pagani to be repaired, and neither of us are hurt that's all that matters".

"Yes and this whole event will be in the news for the next month".

"That's if they can't get anything from the shooter, and most people crack under pressure, besides if he doesn't want to give the police anything they made courthouses to send people who attempt to assassinate people to jail though the trial alone would take two or so weeks".

"Won't he go to court both ways?" I muse.

"Yes but compliance makes sentences a little less harsh" Adrian replies, "though he's lucky if I don't kill him for putting your life at risk".

"And the devil made his appearance".

"You were the one that fell in love with me, I merely reciprocated those feelings".

"Oh sure, Mr. protective".

"Some habits die hard" he breathes and I smile softly.

"That's true, still though how will we get to work tomorrow when the building is probably surrounded by news crews in the morning" I puzzle.

"I'm taking a helicopter to work tomorrow, Elijah would have my neck if I tried to drive" Adrian laughs.

"As your friend and head of security probably" I agree.

"You should go to sleep Olivia it's twelve and we have to be in the office by eight thirty".

"Are you tired?".

"Yes, and I know that I can stay up longer then you so get your rest" he smiles over at me.

"Alright, good night Adrian".

"Good night bellissima".

Rolling back onto my side I felt him pull me against his chest, and the heat alone that he gave off warmed my body enough to slide into a deep sleep after a few minutes.

<><><>

When I woke up the next morning Adrian wasn't beside me, the only sign of where he went was the shadow that was cast across our room.

Sitting up I looked over to him dressed in a charcoal grey shirt with his typical black turtleneck underneath it along with a Patek on his wrist.

"Dressed to take over the world" I muse.

"Good morning to you too".

"You look nice" I say sliding to the side of the bed and getting off the mattress.

"As do you, granted you look perfect all the time".

"Hmm, is that a compliment Mr. Winters".

"Many of the things I say to you are" he says gently holding both sides of my face, and giving me a good morning kiss.

"I have morning breathe and need a shower" I say turning my head away and he laughs.

"I don't care if you have morning breathe there is never to early of a time to kiss you".

Humming back a response I turn and walk towards the bathroom while he goes downstairs to likely start making breakfast.

Being quick I push open the door and close it before tossing my undergarments on top of the counter in a semi neat pile before getting into the shower.

The hot water from the second it hit my skin began to wake me up until I had both fully woken up, and two were clean.

Shutting off the shower a few minutes later I pulled open the curtain and dried off before crossing the floor to the closet, and getting dressed in my office attire, along with two golden necklaces.

I then walked to my vanity and began drying and curling my hair, not that it really needed to be curled as it had grown long enough to be more curly then wavy.

After finishing with my hair, I pulled open a drawer and started to apply my makeup using a notebook I kept of every step of how I did something the previous night. Something I partially blame on how neat and organized my life became in terms of the things in my house.

Though I still want to call them Adrian's despite us both living in them.

Walking downstairs I find Adrian standing in the kitchen leaning against the counter with a plate of French Toast in front of him, another plate with a few less pieces across from him.

"I think I made you addicted to French Toast Adrian" I say walking over to the plate and drizzling the pieces in maple syrup something he had actually introduced to me and was good as hell.

"That happened long before I met you, my dad teased my mom about being French and eating the toast named after the nationality, until he tried it like this, I've told you that story" Adrian says gesticulating with his fork.

"But not that that's how you got addicted to it" I counter cutting a small square of the nearest piece of toast.

Adrian then laughs, as he clears his plate.

"I won't deny that" he admits turning to the sink, and rinsing it off before sliding it into the dishwasher.

I then watched as he pulled out his phone, and walked to the window to look over Central park as he began to read something on his phone, and considering how busy his day was likely to be I don't doubt that he'll be on business calls on the way to work, and throughout the morning.

When I finished Adrian turned to watch me head towards the foyer where I slid on my shoes seconds before he walked through the doorway to do the same.

While Adrian was doing that I pressed the button for the elevator, before he pulled his phone from his ear and stuck it into his pocket.

"I fucking hate people sometimes, apparently in the mix we are now throwing in that the person who attempted to assassinate me yesterday is now pleading for insanity that he didn't know what he was doing while the four bullet marks in my car say other wise" Adrian sighs.

"And if he is insane?".

"I may have enemies but I also know they are in the business world not outside it, what reason would someone who managed to get a configurable rifle, keep it hidden, walk into a secure building, gain roof access, and then set up without anyone seeing this guy or getting suspicious, then set up, and target me, this seemed more like an organized hit" he says stepping into the elevator.

"Like a gangland hit?" I implore.

"No if it was, it would have been close contact, or a drive by, neither of which happened" Adrian says looking down at me as the door opened, and we walked out. "Someone or a group of people want me dead for one reason or another, though that doesn't exactly make it an easy task to figure out who".

"So what happens you attempt to balance work load with finding who tried to kill you?".

"No, the police are working with my security team, and a search was issued this morning, I just have to stay protected, and make sure to keep my company running and motivated".

"From the amount of times you've been shot at I'm not surprised that's your response".

"It's weird trust me" Adrian says getting into the back of his helicopter.

Climbing onboard I walk over to the seat next to Adrian and close the straps, right as the helicopter lifts from the helipad, and heads off towards Winters Group.

Alright so that was a bit shorter then I would have liked but it works. Comment why you think Adrian had an attempted assassination against him, also vote, and share. Anyways

Peace✌