Chapter Thirty Three

It had been a week since the trial started, knowing that it would end soon mostly because of the few amount of things my Lawyer had to go over still, mostly regarding the confession, and the admittance of wrong doing.

What I dreaded the most was the finale of the trial and the time period we would have to wait for everything to be looked over and decided on what the outcome would be, though I was also hopeful for finding out whoever had hired the hit on me and put Olivia's life at risk.

As of right now it was the hours after the session had ended and I was sitting in my living room at One57 working as I had everything for this week sent to me so here I sat working to make sure none of it would interfere with the lawsuit, there was also meetings I had to go to next week, and review the report from Dubai about the pipeline which apparently the whole thing had been solved and would be dealt with here in New York where the assailant held residence.

Though that information also meant that I made sure I had minimum of twelve bodyguards on me at all times, but it did make for an impressive display.

As I finished my second to last file my phone began ringing and I accepted the call from the group chat Riley had made when we were all in Junior year, putting them on speaker phone.

"Hello" I say.

"Hi Adrian your security won't let us up something about your orders" Hunter says.

"It's my brother what did you expect" I hear Kate say and I hold in my amused laughter.

"Put me on speaker phone" I say getting to the bottom page of the folder I held, and signing my signature across the dotted line.

"Done" Hunter says.

"Haden let them all up but just them" I say with a semi bored tone as I was looking at the stock portfolio I had to cash through investments which would be somewhat difficult but not impossible.

"Yes Mr. Winters they are coming up now" Haden says.

"Perfect, Ambrose I'm hanging up" I say before ending the call, and going back to what I was doing.

"The idiots are here" Olivia says as she comes down stairs.

"Yes they are, fortunately with sanity" I muse, and she laughs.

Thirty seconds later I heard the ding of the doors before six people all walked into my penthouse.

"The party has arrived" Riley proclaimed and I let out a laugh standing to watch them discard their shoes before crossing the room.

"I hope not my penthouse was cleaned yesterday" I say giving a warning look to Riley.

"Damn it" Riley muttered.

"Sorry Niles" I say, turning to face everyone else while Ava and Olivia exchanged a hug.

"Hey mate" Nico says.

"Nico" I say, "good to see Kate convinced you to leave your office.

"I was just taking from your handbook of the billionaire hermit" he says purposely bugging me.

"Oh I'm sure" I remark.

"Adrian when the fuck did you start storing Tequila in your liqueur cabinet?" Hunter called from the kitchen.

Of course that was the first place he went.

"Hunter get out of there you're not allowed to drink until five PM" Mia scolds.

"I see the Harrington business attitude wasn't lost on keeping Hunter under lock and key even when they have been dating for a little over six years" I laugh.