Chapter Thirty Five

As we left the restaurant Olivia got a phone call, while I took the key to go get the car as I wasn't going to let her walk through the rain that had suddenly appeared overhead.

Walking down the line of cars I eventually spotted the R8 and unlocked it once I stood a few feet away.

As I got into the car I started it and turned around to go to the front entrance of the restaurant, where Olivia stood smiling casually while on the phone.

When I pulled up along side the curb she got inside, and buckled her seat with one hand.

"Bye mom, we'll see you soon" she says and once again I pull away from the curb.

"We're going to see your mom" I say looking over at her.

"Yeah, and she misses us" Olivia says letting out a short laugh.

"Sounds like your mom" I say beginning the drive to Bedford where Olivia's mom lived with her husband, apparently he was in her life since around the time Olivia was in high school but they ended up spending a few years dating before in the past five years they got engaged then married last June.

Ten minutes later I pulled up outside of the brownstone townhouse Olivia had grown up in her whole life, and parked at the end of the short line up of cars that consisted of an Audi RS7, and a Porsche 911 Carrera S.

"It looks like a whole German family outside this house now" Olivia remarks as she got out of the car.

"It does" I agree locking the car and walking around to the steps so that we could go inside.

Walking up to the front door I knocked politely before the door opened and we were met by Faith who gave us both a smile before stepping aside to let us in.

"Hi Faith good to see you" I say sliding off my shoes and hanging my coat.

"You too Adrian" Faith says turning to her daughter, "and look at this my little girl is all grown up" she says enveloping Olivia in a hug that she wouldn't be able to escape from.

"Mom, I'm not little anymore" Olivia says hugging her regardless.

"All mom's will still see their children in the same way their whole lives" Faith says and I laugh, knowing just how true that was, having had a mother, and a mother figure throughout my whole life.

"Where's Jordan?" I ask.

Jordan was Faith's Husband, we had also bonded since day one of meeting one another, along with having similar interests, something that made Olivia happy that we got along.

"He's in the kitchen making some type of Italian dish, I couldn't pronounce the name of it" Faith admits, and I then walk into the kitchen where Jordan was still partially dressed in the clothing he wore to work with a towel over his right shoulder.

He was tall standing just shy of six feet, and being rather well built with a bald head. I would also imagine if most people walked by him they wouldn't expect him to be an accountant but that's what he did for a living.

"Hey Jordan" I say walking over to where he stood finishing making Pelmeni.

"Hi Adrian what do you think" he says handing one of them with a fork, which I accepted and took a bite of it.

"The sauce needs a small amount of basil it'll go well with the oregano you put in this" I say carrying the fork to the dishwasher.

"I've been cooking longer then you and can't even pick out the tastes of everything".

"He makes everything from scratch, and can fine tune food, how he does it is beyond me" Olivia remarks leaning in the doorway watching us.

"Independent childhood Olivia you know that" I smile.