Chapter Forty Five

The next morning I climbed out of bed and showered before pulling on the robe I had been wearing last night before walking to the black French doors that let me out onto the balcony where I could see over the whole of Cannes.

Sunlight kissed everything in view, along with the glistening Mediterranean Sea. Wind blew leaves around the air carrying the smell of sea salt up to the mansion.

I then felt a head rest on my shoulder soon followed by arms around my waist.

"Good morning bellissima" Adrian says his black hair tousled from sleep, along with his voice affecting a deeper timbre from his fading fatigue.

"Good morning Adrian" I say turning around to face him.

"How did you sleep?" he asks resting his forehead against mine.

"I slept good, you radiated heat all night" I muse and he just smiles lightly.

"Well I'm glad also we have a small situation" he says.

"What's that?" I ask.

"I have the need to make stupid financial decisions today" Adrian replies and I laugh.

"Your billionaire bank balance too full Adrian?" I muse.

"It always is" he says, "that's why I love philanthropic projects".

"You and me both" I say, "especially the one's that involve children, like the food relief you give to poor people in third world countries".

"I don't think it's fair that so many have to live below the cost of living, so why shouldn't I help, they also savour it".

"People probably view you in a positive light, and that's coming from the person you have protected since meeting".

"I'll protect you no matter what, that's my job, anyways, I need a shower, the staff will have made breakfast for us, then we can head into Cannes and buy things but knowing me the store might come with us".

"That was one time, and they were doing a Black Friday sale" I say rolling my eyes at him.

"Alright well, I'll be inside" Adrian says walking back inside and disappearing into the bathroom.

When I decided to go back inside I shut the doors and looked around the bedroom since I didn't get a good look at it last night.

The wall behind the bed was wooden panelled with a painting above it, at the end of the bed was a dark brown leather boxy chest, to the left of the bedroom doors was the closet and on the opposite side was the bathroom, which oddly enough connected to one of two veranda balconies.

I also liked it because though it screamed Adrian none of his homes every looked the same every single one had different designs to make it fit the area where it was in the world.

Putting on actual clothing which consisted of black skinny jeans, a black Fendi viscose jumper, and gold hoop earrings.

Walking downstairs and entering the kitchen I did find the table set with every kind of breakfast food me and Adrian liked set in a almost decorative fashion on the eight person table.

As I sat down in the living room which seemed to have the same black grey and brown styling as everything else in the house I head footsteps on the spiral staircase before Adrian walked into the room dressed in black jeans, and a crewneck with a grey knit shawl neck cardigan.

"Adrian Winters owns cardigans".

"Yeah of course I do, though this one with when fully buttoned makes it look like a pullover" he says walking into the dining room.