Chapter Forty Four

Olivia Thorne

Today was the day that the court would decide if the man who attempted killing me was innocent or guilty, because that was how the courts worked two weeks of daily trials along with two more weeks to decide and review everything all over again.

Adrian was there in the courtroom something that he had explicitly stated he wanted the whole thing videotaped for the verdict.

Sitting in the living room of our penthouse I sat in the living room watching this all take place. I think we all knew that the hitman would be sent to jail for a long time but what we all were waiting for was the announcement of who planned the hit on Adrian, and I.

As I sat watching the screen intently I heard a ding behind me before turning to see Elijah, and Haden walk in.

"Ms. Thorne we have a situation".

"What do you mean we have a situation?" I ask.

"I'll explain in a moment by we have to get up to the roof to the helicopter" Elijah says, while Haden takes sets down the case he had been holding and pulls out an AR-15 before assembling it and cocking back the hammer.

"Explain in a moment, Haden's holding an assault rifle" I point out.

"We got the memo for who is behind the assassinations, along with a letter sending threats to you and Adrian" Elijah says pulling out a post card and handing it to me.

Adrian Winters what a long time you have been powerful, and knowledgeable but the next time I strike you it will be when you least expect it, when you are divided.

"Divided, that only leaves today" I say looking up at the both of them.

"We know that, now come Adrian already knows what the plan is to get you out of here".

"Alright" I say before I follow the two bodyguards into the elevator and up to the rooftop, where we walked out to Adrian's Sikorsky.

Stepping into the back we all sat down and pulled the doors shut before the aircraft was flown away to JFK airport.

I then pulled out my phone and found the live video of the trial right as the Jury handed their answer to the judge.

"The defendant is found guilty to eight counts of murder in the second degree, and one count of attempted murder, sentence is nine consecutive counts of murder for twenty-five years, hopefully in the duration of the rest of your life you find peace in god" the judge says to the hitman who was stoic even though he would die in prison, the camera also picked up Adrian's reaction being one of stone but I could see a baseless opinion of our attacker before everyone begins to leave, and I stop watching.

"Elijah where will we go, it's not like there are many options".

"Adrian technically owns properties around the world through business stake, I'm taking you to Cannes he said he'd come as soon as he could, call him when we get to the airport" he says as the helicopter passes over the Hudson river towards JFK.

I looked down from where I was spotting the courthouse and wondering if anything happened to Adrian, and what whoever was behind all this planned to do.

When the helicopter landed several minutes later, before I was ushered off towards another of Adrian's jets this one being a Gulfstream G800.

All while being surrounded by bodyguards that looked as if they were ready to go to war.

As I walked up the steps I pulled out my phone and called Adrian who immediately picked up.

"Olivia" he says and I could hear the relief in his voice.