Chapter Thirty One

Adrian Winters

I was getting used to courts, whether it be that I have faced numerous corporate lawsuits, all of which I've won, or that some of my more hostile take overs occurred here; either or I was ready for this regardless of the circumstances, and the reassurances of both my lawyer, and Logan was enough to rid me of the tension in my shoulders that I'd ended up with awaiting for the meeting we'd had the other day.

It also seemed to be raining again for the second day in a row which was a common experience whenever I went to court.

Olivia sat next to me in the back of my armoured Maybach, both of us dressed in formal dark navy clothing.

I was more or less preparing myself for the swathes of people that would be hoarding the court house along with the news crews and interviewers all that would attempt to gleam any form of information from people who would all be soon under oath.

That's a reason I also dislike courthouses, or more so those that come to them like it's a specticle.

What is it the fucking Roman Colosseum.

Letting out a jagged sigh I glanced over at Olivia whose gaze I could feel on my back.

"Olivia" I say looking over my partially clenched hand that cradled my left cheek.

"You're stressed I can tell" she says concern mottling her face.

"I'm preparing for the clusterfuck of entering the courthouse that we're nearing" I reply dryly.

She then just laughs, "you can't hide in the Hamptons all the time Adrian, besides your New York's top CEO, they live to see these parts of your life".

"Unfortunately that's true".

"We could always stay in the penthouse, and arrive early so that there is no one to see us arrive".

"That's not a bad idea" I agree before turning back to the window as we began to pass through Brooklyn.

Not long after we arrived at the courthouse, our car parking at the bottom of security lined steps making sure not one could get anywhere near us.

Reason four million why I hate people.

Letting out what must have been my hundredth sigh I got out of the car straightening my dress jacket before helping Olivia out and walking up the stairs while Elijah drove the car away to park it in a nearby lot.

Olivia and I walked up the steps and into the courthouse where our lawyers met us holding coffees.

"Good morning how was your drive here?" Evan asks.

"It was alright a bit wet but alright" I say taking the Americano he held out to me while the other handed one to Olivia.

"Well we're all here safely so we can get this whole session underway".

"Indeed" I say taking a sip from the cup right before the court room door opens and we were let inside.

I felt bad for the jury, all people who would be sacrificing their own time to be here and have to come to their own conclusion for the man who had fired shots at me and Olivia along with damaged property.

We then took our seats awaiting for the session to begin, and I knew that this alone would last most of the morning.

"Order in the court" the judge began gaining the attention of everyone here.

Unlike the previous court session I attended where my testimony was the last in a series of others theses following two weeks would all be my lawyers, and the defendants going back and forth to try and counter the other.

"We are here to face the attempted assassination of Adrian Leo Winters on September Twenty-Fifth of this year, will the defence please begin the session" the judge began.

Time to hear this bullshit.

I wasn't listening I pretended I was but I knew damn well it wasn't mostly due to me reining in my emotions and sensibility to listen to the defence of a hitman.

"Prosecution your counter" the judge says gesturing to Evan.

"Thank you your honour. While the statement of it's his job, and he has to make ends meet, it has been found through legally retrieved information that he received over four million dollars from a bank account in Abu Dhabi. Thus indicating that the defendant Mr. Tierney has been living well off of what I will refer to as a criminally willed profession, he has off of that bank record been shown to have more then enough money to actually stop any time he can, police questioning, and security camera's even put him at the scene holding the case that was found to hold the rifle used in this assassination attempt" Evan says, "could I please call to the stand Police Captain Logan St. Laurent".

"Request granted Captain St. Laurent please come to the stand" the judge says, before Logan stands and makes his way to the stand, and swearing the oath to tell only the truth and nothing but the truth.

"Mr. St. Laurent could you please tell us in short what was said in the debriefing room at NYPD, we will then show the video of the questioning" Evan says.

"Yes" Logan says leaning forward so that he would speak into the microphone. "During the several hour long questionings we worked our way up to a confession and reasoning he discussed the protocol he intended to go through if the hit was unsuccessful, and then what went wrong, by the end of the audio that we pieced into sections he told us the region in which the person who hired to him was from along with the payment information that was submitted through request to the corresponding bank here in New York".

"Thank you Captain St. Laurent, can we please show the first section of the audio".

The video then began playing and we all watched for the next hour what had happened, and what was discussed, while ever once in a while breaks were intersected at various points where both lawyers took turns speaking to add to their points all the while I watched my hitman sit there with a smirk on his face as if he though he would be leaving this courtroom in two weeks a free man.

You better hope you lawyered up asshole because I will be making sure you go to jail for a long fucking time.

I then turned to focus my eyes back on the legal dispute before me and the other members of the court audience.

So as you can tell Adrian isn't happy that he has to wait for the hitman to go to jail, and I will likely have several courtroom related chapters so that's just how this shall go, as this book does cover a three month period and I'm trying to make it worth it, comment, vote, and share. Anyways

Peace✌