Chapter Eighteen

As I walked out of my office at the end of the day I went to find Olivia who would also be putting everything away so that she could come home with me.

Since at this point in the day most people except for the security department had gone home Winters Group Headquarters was majoritively dark.

When I got to Olivia's office I knocked gently on the doorframe, and she turned to look at me the folder she had been putting away still in her hand.

"Hi" she says breaking the moment of silence between us as she finishes what she had been doing.

"Hey" I reply.

"Find anything?" Olivia asks brushing her hands together a few times even though there wouldn't have been anything on the file she was holding that could dirty her hands.

"Not really it's hard to pick someone out of the crowd that could have done it" I sigh, "So anyway the police are handing it, and the court session for the assassin is settled though they want to do it in three weeks if possible, which makes sense this is a major case".

"Well let's go home and leave this whole thing here" she says walking over to me and putting a comforting hand on my arm.

"Gladly" I mutter, "I can made a dinner and then wonder how I'm not three hundred pounds by the end of it".

Olivia then laughs as she follows me out towards the elevator after locking her office door.

Stepping into the elevator I press the basement level button since at lunch I had moved my car to my spot beneath the tower, where I will likely start parking until this all blows over.

As we got to the car, I unlocked the doors and slid into the driver seat.

I knew that these long drives home would help me feel better in fact night drives seemed to have that effect on me, and was also something I did as part of my youth self therapy.

Getting out of the garage I sped off towards the Hamptons so that we could both just enjoy the last of our day.

"What all did you get to today, besides those files?" Olivia asks looking over at me.

"I reviewed the live cameras from the Dubai Pipeline explosion, and did a few calls with the people who could actually help with the case, I asked that the case for the assassin be moved forward, and I set up for Victor Rivers to come here to New York so I can get key information and give it to the police afterwards" I reply attempting to look through the back of someone's vehicle to see why they were braking so often.

"How fast are you going?" Olivia asks glancing over at me.

"I should be doing sixty we're doing fifty because of this jerkoff" I mutter doing a final mirror check before pulling out to pass the person in front of me and shot past them as if they were parked still on the road.

Slowing several hundred feet ahead of the person behind me to the speed limit, and let myself ease back into the comfort of driving down a highway, knowing damn well that I could race home, but I was enjoying the peace of being on a highway listening to music, with Olivia then get home as fast as possible just to start another task.

Thirty minutes later I pulled down my driveway to the garage, and got out so that I could open the doors.

Pulling into the garage, I found the place where my Chiron went and parked before getting out so that I could go inside my home, and cook Olivia and I dinner.

As the garage door closed I saw the gate to my property open and several expensive cars drive in all obviously being owned by members of the group.

"Did you invite them?" Olivia asks, and I shake my head.

Of course their being led by Hunter.

I then watched as the line of varied sports cars parked, and their occupants got out.

Walking up to my front door I unlocked it, and went upstairs to change into a pair of black washed jeans, and a matching T-shirt with rips in it.

I then put my dirty clothing in with the rest and left my side of the closet to go downstairs.

Reaching the bottom of the stairs I rounded the corner to see the boys in my living room drinking casually the girls not far away from their significant other's while mine was showering upstairs.

I then walked over to my fridge and pulled out a salmon, before making myself a drink and setting it not far from where I'd be preparing food.

"Hey Adrian" Kate says setting down her glass of wine, and walking over to me to hug me.

"Hi Katelyn" I say, before she punches me in the gut.

"It's Kate, and why are you built like a cinder block?" she groans flexing her fingers to make sure her hand still works.

"Because he spends hours in the gym" Olivia says from the second floor bannister her damp hair wrapped in a towel. "I'd even say that if he had a ninth home it would be Taz's boxing gym, his eighth is WGI Headquarters".

"Don't throw me under the bus like that" I say pulling open a drawer and taking out a knife to cut strips of salmon so that I could smoke and season it.

"Whoops" Olivia shrugs before walking off to go get dressed.

"Man was just exposed in four K" Hunter says taking a sip of his bourbon.

"You're going to be drowned in four K unless you shut up" I retort, "you're also sitting on my couch, drinking my bourbon".

"Salut" Hunter replies raising the glass, and with my fish contact free hand I raise the glass of scotch I had made.

"Wait is that another bourbon" Mia scolds peering into the glass.

"Uh oh" I mutter carrying the fish outside to the smoker I had.

Walking back inside I heard Hunters response.

"If I never stop casually drinking I never get a hangover".

"Yes but you can't handle neats, you have two neats and you are fucked up" I point out walking back to my sink to wash my hands and the cutting board I used.

"I'm sober I promise" Hunter reassures.

"Said every drunk person ever" Nico remarks and I scoff.

"And what was the high school bullshit you just said, 'caught in four K' I think you meant yourself".

"Fuck you Adrian".

"I vote no" I reply returning to cooking.

A hour later when I finally finished everyone helped set up the table, with all of us choosing to eat outside in the cool night air coming off the ocean.

We then sat at the bar area together eating a drinking, and I finally began to ease up and forget all the things that had hit the fan lately. It was reassuring, which was exactly what I wanted, and needed today.

Alright that's today's tomorrow's may be late idk we will see, comment, vote, and share. Anyways

Peace✌