Chapter Thirty Nine

Adrian Winters

It was almost ritualistic that we took out the Diamond Angel onto Waccabuc Lake, though this time there was no tubing, the whole day trip was going to be us enjoying being on the lake and not being hectic though with the two idiots around that was going to be near impossible.

As of right now we all were lounging around though two members were unaccounted for off doing god only knows what.

"Adrian where did Hunter go?" Mia says walking out onto the front deck of the catamaran where most of us sat in a low set lounge where on most there was a trampoline.

I had done renovations to the boat, including the addition of changing the floor plan so that there was another deck on the boat.

Setting down my lime sparkler I turned to look at her.

"Not a clue they are probably up to something though" I say and almost on cue they come running up the side of the boat and set down a large clear plastic bin overflowing with water balloons before starting to throw them at us though me and Nico both were out of the way of all the first few balloons before rushing in and dumping the bin across the front deck strewing the liquid filled balls around the wooden surface.

Then everything turned into a free for all as we all turned against each other.

In the end I had figured out how to catch the balloons without them breaking at high speeds, before sending them back to the origin where they came mostly Hunter.

In the end I lifted both Hunter and Riley up before tossing them off the side of the boat.

When both came up I just stared at them awaiting an insult that I knew would come.

"Adrian why the fuck?" Hunter called out giving me a harsh look that I easily returned.

"You were making a mess of my boat, both of you were, you also started it, so now it's over" I muse leaning on the metal railing.

"You're evil" Hunter remarks.

"And you're going to make me swim all the way to the back" Riley complained and I rolled my eyes before walking away to start cleaning up the pieces of split coloured rubber off of the ground.

When Hunter and Riley finally got back they were soaked, with their hair swept off their faces.

"Why do you always be so mean to me?" Hunter asks.

"Because you annoy him" Nico points out dropping a handful of the popped balloons into the bin.

"He glares at everyone too so don't think you're special Hunter" Kate says looking up as they finished cleaning up the mess the boys had created.

"I am being targetted" Hunter moans.

"Ambrose I will throw you off the side of the boat again" I warn shooting him a cold look, "stop fucking whining".

"Hunter this is your one chance to gain mercy" Olivia says all but materializing beside me.

"Okay I'll stop just because both devils want me too" Hunter surrenders while Riley carried the bin away to take it inside.

"Now I can finally have my drink I say walking over to where my glass was still half filled.

"I wouldn't bet on that Adrian there's a storm coming in" Nico says pointing to a cluster of black clouds. When most people said black clouds they meant rainclouds the same colour as my eyes, these one's were legitimately black.

"Fuck" I mutter, quickly drinking the rest of my drink shot style, before turning and looking at the boys.

"Riley, Hunter, make sure the sails are tied down, Nico you're on the anchor being stuck in one place will be the last thing we want if the lake gets really choppy" I say.