Chapter Twenty One

It was the Sunday of the week that Victor would be in NYC meaning that tomorrow he was supposed to be back in Dubai working on addressing the pipeline explosion.

So as promised Victor was on his way to my house to share dinner with me and Olivia.

Shutting off the stove and moving the food I had just finished making onto the heating element while the rice that I had made remained in the pressure cooker.

"This smells good" Olivia says leaning on the marble countertop.

"I would hope it tastes as good as it smells" I remark washing my hands and drying them.

"You've made some very creative dishes since I've met you" Olivia says.

"That is true, now Victor should be here soon" I say folding the towel and hanging it on the oven handle.

This is true, also did he say whether or not he and his wife came here".

"Yes, but his wife and their son got here the day after he did".

"I always seem to forget that he's older then he looks" Olivia laughs.

"He was twenty-six when I met him for the first time" I say right as I see headlights out the front of my entryway. "Looks like they're here" I add unlocking the front door and opening it so that they could walk inside.

After a moment I watched Victor and his wife walk into my house while their son followed them seeming shocked my the scale of me and Olivia's home.

"Mr. Winters this is my wife Leila, and our son Payton" Victor says.

"You don't have to be so formal Victor, call me Adrian" I say leaning in the doorway.

"Well anyway thank you for inviting us to your house Adrian" Leila says.

"You're welcome, come. Food is finished cooking" I smile warmly before guiding them towards the dining room.

"Your home is stunning" Victor says walking into the living room and looking around.

"I wanted it to feel like a house instead of this massive mansion" I explain while getting down a few glasses and various bottles for appropriate drinks.

"Do you have juice" Payton asks and I have to look down at the small blonde boy who stared up at me.

"Yes, what kind would you like" I ask opening the fridge, "watch your head" I warn and he takes a step back out of the way while I remove the jugs of juice.

"That one please" Payton points to the container of orange juice.

"Alrighty" I say putting the others away and pouring him a glass with ice in it of the juice so that the citrus in it wouldn't peel at his lips like I knew it could.

"Thanks" Payton says taking the glass and wandering into the dining room to join his parents, which only then was it that I noticed Olivia looking at me with a small smile.

"What?" I ask making myself a weak glass of Pike Creek whiskey.

"You, I never took you for liking kids".

"Their happy and curious, and it for some reason brightens my mood, I don't know, probably sounds weird" I mutter putting the bottle away.

"I think most people find kids amusing" Olivia says.

"They're like little drunk people, that's probably why I find it funny" I admit as Olivia fills her wine glass.

"You should see the videos of me running around the house when I was like five or six".

"I'll get your mom to show me the next time we go to see her".

"You'll laugh at it I know you will" she mused and walked into the dining room.

Following after her I took my usual seat, and began dishing up my plate along with everyone else.

I actually enjoyed being around them I liked to see a complete family being happy, it wasn't quite like the warmth and homey feeling as it was in the Harrington Mansion but it definitely was nice to actually develop a closer relationship with one of the Executives, especially one I have worked closely with over the past four years.

As dinner came to a close, and I brought in the chocolate pudding I had made before starting on dinner which I admit is a very counter productive thing to do but I honestly don't care, and would rather have dessert for dinner then real food.

"This was excellent Adrian" Leila says looking across the table at me.

"You're welcome Leila" I say taking a sip from my glass.

"Thanks" Payton says and I smile and give the young boy a nod.

He reminds me of myself I just hope he never goes through any of the shit I have, Olivia herself who's own path was dark and twisted has told me before that the fact I am mentally okay from everything I experienced is something she couldn't even imagine, and that was only covering so much, there was likely more I was effected by yet don't remember or acknowledge.

"You're welcome" I say watching as everyone takes what they could eat of the dessert.

"My dad said that you have a bunch of nice cars" Payton pipes up and me and Olivia glance up at him before looking at one another.

"I do, your dad hasn't seen many of them though, just a few" I say setting my now liquid free glass on the table with the ice clinking as I did.

"Ooh dad can I see the cars?" Payton asks bright eyed while looking at his dad.

"Only if Mr. Winters says so" Victor replies to his son.

"Sure Victor, you and Payton can come down and look at the cars" I say standing and walking away back into the kitchen while Victor went to help Payton with his shoes.

Pulling on my own sneakers and walking put the door with the both of them not far behind I open the two doors, and walk down the ramp.

"It's like the cave in Batman" Payton says and I laugh.

As we round the corner I turn around to see the wide eyed look on Victor's face and one of awe on Payton's.

"Welcome to my garage" I say walking along the line of cars.

"Out of all of them which is your favourite?" Payton asks looking up at me and I walk down the line to my Pagani Huayra BC.

"This one here" I say looking at the car and it's beautiful fully reconstructed body panels which since the car couldn't be fixed normally was fully recast for pieces.

"Are there any cars here that you own Victor?" I call down to where he stood looking at my Ferrari's.

"The GTB, and Bentley Continental that's it" Victor says walking across the room to where my Bugatti's were.

"These though I think we all wished we could own one of these and you have six here".

"I wanted one then I wanted a pair of them, that's how this collection grew I wanted different models of cars, now I find it pretty much impossible to find a car I don't own and can actually accomodate in my garage" I say.

"I wish I had those types of problems" Victor muttered.

"Anything is possible Victor" I say, "now let's go back up to the girls".

We all then turn and begin walking back to the main house, and out of the corner of my eye I catch Payton looking back at all my cars.

I suppose you can never be too young.

So I've made the executive decision of were twenty chapters in and the boys haven't been here often so that shall change, also comment your thoughts, and vote, and share. Anyways

Peace✌