Chapter Fifty Four

The following day I sat in my penthouse holding a whisky looking at my computer where in front of me was a chart that showed the profits for next years South America expansion, every line showing a chart of how much Winters Group would make and in total infrastructure the amount was in the trillions within the next decade.

"What are you working on".

"Profit margins for South America, and honestly I am just glad to be giving them jobs, and electricity in favela's, major construction projects, similar rate money that is paid to workers, I just didn't think I would be here sitting in a penthouse in Midtown looking at a graph that if is accurate would allow Winters Group to double in size within the next ten years with this expansion, after all I'm stubborn and am putting nearly three trillion dollars into South America's economy then asking for four percent back extra in ten years, that's a hundred billion dollars".

"What will WGI even be worth then".

"I have no idea, and that's what scares me, we both rose so fast and now I look at what we made in five years bellissima, my parents twenty years was lost and duplicated in under a quarter of the time, that's why I'm nervous for the coming decade because we will have built an economic powerhouse that rivals every major nation on the planet".

"Adrian you shouldn't be so worried about it, what do you make in a year remind me again, yes I'm acting like I don't know" Olivia says looking at me.

"Ninety-two billion on average, this year I made almost double that".

"Then you and I will be fine, and so will the hundreds of millions of people our business helps, honestly there isn't many people who don't hear Winters Group and think of all that you give to people, you hold zero monopolies to any capacity, you give away a lot more then you spend and you know what think about this for a moment, there is probably a kid somewhere in South America who will see the buildings being built in the city they live in and when they realize that it belongs to you and all the good that you will bring people will rally to support you and the projects you bring to South America" she says.

"I just never want to be the cause of oppression to anyone, especially national debt".

"Being someone who saw debt a lot when I was younger I can tell you that you're probably as far from being the cause of harm to anyone".

"I hope so" I muse looking over at her as she sits down next to me on the couch.

"If anything you're giving poorer countries, cities, and people a chance at a better future" Olivia says reaching over and holding my hand while rubbing the back of it with her thumb, "you're also not usually like this so something is weighing down on you what is it?".

"Victor mentioned how he wanted Payton to look up to me before I left Olivia" I reply looking over at her.

"What did you say before that?" she asks curiously.

"I gave him advice, I told him about how I hated my own father for years and how I moved on from it, and how I hoped he could find peace in the time he had left on earth" I say, "Victor then told me that for what it's worth for not holding a vengeance against him, that Payton looked at me as a role model".

"Because people who can forgive but not forget are the type of people that we all need in our lives, and a father he may have noticed how much Payton had liked you when they visited. You're a better influence then you give yourself credit for".

"Mhm, definitely" I say shutting my laptop, and having my TV rise out of the floor before I turned it on, and the news report about Victors trial comes up.

"The trial that has waited almost three months to be finished, from the day it all started in Financial District just outside Winters Group Tower where a hitman attempted to assassinate CEO Adrian Winters, and COO Olivia Thorne. The two then took part in looking for the one that had planned to kill them the second event occurred when Eastern Oil's most important pipeline exploded by a planted bomb, and now at our very own courthouse in New York where it all began police escort Victor Anthony Rivers away to begin a sixty five year sentence, these were his final words in the court room" the reporter says before it cuts to a separate video showing the verdict and Victors final public words.