Chapter Thirty

Today was the day we get everything told to us slowly at least since we were going to the Police station to meet with Logan.

Though Adrian seemed to have a different plan since getting home yesterday.

"Babe we have to get up it's seven" I say looking over at the wavy raven hair that poked out of the blankets covering Adrian's eyes, while he held me close to him under the blankets.

Whoever thought that men couldn't be like grown up babies was on something, because he was direct proof that it happens, and Adrian wasn't actually openly childish and laid back once he left the confines of our home.

"No I want to stay here and hold you" he says his voice several times deeper since he hadn't fully woken up.

"And we both have to go see Logan, and meet with the lawyers for the court case in two days" I say brushing his hair off of his face only to be met with his eyes that had a softness in them that I'd only ever seen come out when certain people are around, but the way he does it with me makes me wonder how I haven't turned into a puddle.

"I fucking hate court cases, there's too much drama".

"You run a law firm Mr. Winters".

"I know that, but I rarely am even seen near a court" Adrian says sitting up leaving me to keep my eyes off of his well defined torso. "See something you like bellissima?" he teases, and I can feel the blush on my face creep onto my cheeks.

"Yes" I say cupping my face with my hands as I sit up and watch him cross the room backwards.

"Are you objectifying me?" he muses.

"No, just taking in the view".

"Well the view is going to take a shower since you're so insistent that we get going" Adrian laughs before slipping into the bathroom, while I walked to the one in the secondary master bedroom.

Once I had finished both cleaning myself and waking up, I walked back to me and Adrian's bedroom even though it seemed he had already gotten dressed as he stood in front of the two floor window that was above the garage entrance with his arms crossed looking out on the Hamptons.

"Taking in the view?" I pry walking over to him.

"Something like that, I like being able to see everything" he hums back with a half blank expression.

"You're zoning out" I say before walking into our room, and getting dressed in red pants, and a black turtleneck with matching pointed heels.

When I walked back out of the room Adrian was no where to be scene, with the only sign of where he'd gone being the humming I heard downstairs.

Leaning on the railing I watched him expertly navigate his kitchen making food rather quickly until he stopped leaving icing sugar frosted croissants, lattes, oatmeal, and French Toast on the counter.

"How in the hell did you make all of that so fast" I gasp.

"Years of skill" he replies looking up from the kitchen to me.

"Apparently" I muse walking down the stairs so that I could eat breakfast.

We both then filled our plates, and walked to the breakfast nook that actually used to be his dining room now it's our breakfast space.

"So what are we actually discussing with the lawyers?" I ask looking up from my plate.

"What all will happen in the court mostly it's just procedures such as being called to the stand, how to act while at the table, what you can and cannot do or have while there. It's kind of like a court script" Adrian replies before he moves on to his croissants.

"At least I know we won't be going in blind".

"If we did there wouldn't be any actual structure to a hearing".

The thought was amusing but at the same time I also could see how it would be an issue.

Ten minutes later we walked out the front door of the house down to the garage where Adrian unlocked the door to the Aston Martin DBS Superleggera he had, and slid into the front seat before starting the car.

Seconds later I followed suit and got into the passenger seat before he slowly drove out, only speeding up once I had my seatbelt on.

Over the hour long drive we sat listening to music while holding hands, as snow gently covered everything, despite the fact that by tomorrow morning it would rain.

When we arrived at the Law Firm Adrian parked and we got out before making our way inside.

Pushing open the door we crossed the lobby to a reception desk.

"Good morning what can I help you with?" the guy standing behind the desk wearing round smart looking glasses asks.

"I'm here to meet with Evan Wade, and Captain St. Laurent" Adrian says likely veing thankful that the receptionist wasn't acting nervous at the presence of his employer.

"They're in conference room seven" the receptionist says, and Adrian gives him a curt nod before walking away to lead us to the correct room.

As we got to the twin doors he pushed them open and we walked into a well lit room with a twelve seat oval wooden topped table.

"Good morning Mr. Winters, Ms. Thorne" Evan says.

"Good morning to you both" I reply, while Adrian once again just nods.

"We'll make this a quick meeting, in court you will sit, and only ever speak when spoken too, you can object only if you see fit, you may bring water to the hearing, also if taken to the stand you will swear to tell the truth and once again only speak when spoken to, I will handle the rest, Captain St. Laurent has already submitted the evidence to put this man in jail, Mr. Wright is already on his way since he was caught, along with it not being his first offence he already made his way up state" Evan adds.

"Good, I'm glad the state agrees with my sentiment around theft" Adrian states and the aura of power and authority surrounds him.

I guess years of it will do that to someone.

"Is there any guess to how long the trial will be".

"Two hour sessions, the court wants to make sure this goes smoothly and is done quickly at the same time. It's also our bosses that were attatcked so this will likely be well in your favour" Evan says.

"I also did a deeper dive for him out of the sake of both of you, Mr. Wade is right all of this should go well and not be too much of a struggle" Logan says tapping a pen against the desk.

"That's a relief I hate attention and PR directed at me" my boyfriend remarks, and I laugh, knowing exactly how true that was.

"I have to get to work, I will see you two Monday morning" Evan says.

"And I have things at the station to deal with" Logan sighs before all four of us stand and exit the room to go wherever we're needed.

For Adrian and I that likely means back home.

So that's the first update of the new year and the start to a lawsuit so I'm getting the rest of the story set up, feel free to comment, vote, and share. Anyways

Peace✌