Chapter Forty One

The next morning I walked into my closet and taking one of my Dormeuil Vanquish suits in seal grey with a chalk grey coloured madras pattern covering the whole suit, along with putting on a black turtleneck shirt as usual before, fastening one of my many watches on my left wrist before walking out of the closet.

Olivia on the other was already downstairs having apparently gotten up an hour before I had.

Pushing open the door to the bedroom I walked downstairs to the kitchen where Olivia stood screwing the tops on two tumblers.

"Good morning beautiful" I smile walking over to her and leaning down to kiss her.

"Good morning Adrian" she replies smiling against my lips.

"What's in the mugs?" I ask looking over at them.

"Coffee, because I got to look at both our schedules this morning, and you will need this" she says handing me the larger of the two.

"Thank you, also what's the plan for breakfast?" I ask.

"I'm stealing from your breakfast sandwich stash" Olivia says smoothing out her black blazer.

"Fair enough" I say walking towards the entryway and taking out the key for my LaFerrari.

Both of us then slid on our shoes and walked out of the door before entering the garage, where our steps echoed around the space though it was mostly Olivia's heels.

Unlocking my chosen car I slid into the front seat and pulled the door shut before starting the engine while Olivia got in.

I then drove out of the garage and off towards WGI Headquarters though there was snow absolutely everywhere blanketing the Hamptons and likely New York in a layer of snow as we went into December.

When I eventually crossed the Brooklyn Bridge, I looked around the snowy streets of Manhattan, along with the lights that people were already putting up, I loved it, all of the festivity of this city. I remember a time where I didn't before I found value in it, now I take Olivia to London every year and we spend Christmas there along with the usual day trip to Paris since it was the city where me and Olivia became a couple, where our nearly seven years together began.

It was an almost buzzing happiness that surrounded the feeling of Christmas holiday, and I think at this point I looked forward to it, I also enjoyed seeing Winters Group with the logo in Christmas colours something we did every year, I also think my staff worked harder this time of year because it meant getting closer to two weeks off from work, and none of us wanted incomplete work before the holidays.

As I pulled up to the front of the building I drove down into the garage beneath the massive building where I could see the dozens of concrete pillars as thick as red wood trees that were all reinforced and held up the kilometer tall building.

Finding my parking spot along side the cars of my executives I got out of the car, along with Olivia before we walked away towards the elevator so that we could go to the top floor of the building because I sure as hell wasn't about to climb over twenty six hundred steps to my office.

Stepping inside I hit the button for the top floor before we were carried up towards the executive levels of the massive building.

When the car finally slowed to a stop less then a minute later Olivia and I walked out and off towards my office with the intention to one get food, and two I needed to get started on my work for the day.

Pushing open the black doors of the office I crossed the room to see about a dozen files sitting on my desk, before taking two of the double smoked bacon sandwiches that my assistant had picked up from Starbucks before coming here.