Chapter Fifty Eight

Adrian Winters

Sitting in my DBS Superleggera with my head resting against my hand as I drove along towards the Brooklyn Bridge I took in everything around me as I got into Manhattan, before turning and heading towards La Grande Boucherie which was near where my penthouse was.

Ten minutes later I pulled up to the curb parking near the restaurants doors I slid out of the car, and locked it before walking inside to see green floral plants around the space along with what looked like wooden chairs, and tables with a piano in the corner of the skylight lit room.

"Adrian" Michael the second Wade brother calls over to me raising a hand to draw my attention to him.

"Michael, I don't actually think I've ever been here" I muse looking around.

"Ten years in New York and you haven't wow, either way come we have a table, waiting" he says leading me through the restaurant to a table in a private corner of the room, where Evan sat a cup of creamy coffee in front of him.

"Good morning Evan" I say sitting in the spare seat.

"Good morning Mr. Winters".

"We're not in the office you can use my name" I say opening the menu and quickly settling on what I wanted.

"Adrian, we brought you the document you wanted along with the requested things, everything is very documented" Evan says sliding a thick booklet across the table towards me which I remove a pen from my coat pocket and as I read through it I signed where needed.

"Thank you for this, now let's enjoy brunch" I say with a smile, as a waiter walked over to our table.

"Hello what can I get for you all?".

"I'll have a black coffee with one sugar, and the Soupe L'Oignon please" I say closing the menu and handing it to the waiter.

My lawyers then ordered before the waiter walked away, and conversation started.

"So any plans for Christmas holiday?" I ask.

"Family will be heading to Vail for the next few weeks, my kids love skiing" Michael says.

"You're kids are eight, and six right?" I muse as my cup of coffee was set in front of me.

"Yes they are, Maddison, and Luca".

"Compared to my little one they're angels" Evan laughs.

"Oh, rambunctious like his dad" Michael remarks.

"This was what it was like at my house this morning I would imagine, my friends all tease the absolute shit out of one another" I say taking a sip from my cup, before watching a sort of media frenzy be stopped outside as someone walked in.

"I can't stand the media attention some people get, this isn't Hollywood" Evan says bitterly.

"I second that, I hate attention it's why I make sure that whatever is known about me is highly censored" I say.

"I bet it is, you're like a public recluse" Michael says.

"Shove off, I just want a normal life, like you don't see every day people having cameras shoved in their faces but the second you're rich, famous, or both news teams become like fucking leaches".

Evan then scoffs before hiding his amused smile with his cup.

"You're not wrong, also I don't even blame you" Michael says.

"Also Evan you didn't answer the question" I point out.

"Oh, I plan to stay home this year I wanted a nice holiday in NYC".

"That's fair, Olivia and I are going to London, then Paris for our seven year anniversary".

"That's impressive, we must have fucked up somewhere hey brother" Michael chuckles.

"Maybe" Evan laughs.

"There's people who have been together for decades" I reason as the waiter returns with our food setting it all out in front of us.

"Thank you" I say before turning to my meal.

"Holiday in Paris, think I've been once and that was for a Europe trip in College" Evan says.

"I've been luckier then others" I muse.

"I think anyone who works for you is luckier then most".

"I just view it as being paid for doing good work" I say with a dismissive smirk as I get through the cheese, and bread to the actual soup.

"It's paid off, no one has left Winters Group to date" Evan says, "some conpanies love turnover for employee's".

"I like keeping them, and I have simple expectations, do your job, put in effort, and I will reward you with a comfortable lifestyle".

"I live in a loft penthouse a few blocks away from yours that's obvious" Michael laughs.

Nodding I focus on my food until my bowl was empty, before pulling three fifties from my wallet to pay for my meal.

I then go up pulling my coat on before turning to look back at my lawyers.

"Thank you for the brunch, I'll see you two in the New Year" I say with a smile before picking up the document they gave me, "oh and wish your families merry Christmas for me".

With that I walked away towards the front door of the restaurant.

"Adrian?" I hear as I near the door and I turn to see Aria sitting across from an almond brown haired girl.

"Arianna" I say turning to face her and moving away from the door so that I'm not blocking it. "Who's this?".

"Morgan Aldertree".

I recognized the name first, then the face attached to it, she had her own company a Hedge Fund if i was being specific.

"Adrian Winters" I say extending my hand which she took gingerly. "I'm not going to bite, I promise" I add with an assuring smile.

"I didn't know Aria knew the Adrian Winters?" Morgan says looking back at the dirty blonde across from her.

"The Adrian Winters?" I muse, "what have you been telling her".

"Nothing really I just forgot to mention I knew you" she says looking up at me.

"I'm hurt" I say feigning pain.

"Oh I'm sure you are" Aria says rolling her eyes at my antics.

"Besides that, when did you two meet, if you don't mind me asking?".

"I met with her a few years ago when her company was new, I was an early investor" Morgan says.

"Hmm, so was I, but I've know her since birth pretty much" I say with a laugh.

"Our parents were family friends, so Adrian and I have known one another for a while" Aria adds.

Then my phone buzzed and I glanced down at it to see Olivia's nickname flash onto the screen.

"Olivia wants me home, so I am going to go, you two have fun" I say pulling out my key and spinning it as I walked back to my car, and sliding into the front seat to begin my drive home.

So todays update is short don't come at me I'm hanging out with a friend but tomorrows will be longer I promise, comment, vote, and share. Anyways

Peace✌