Chapter Forty

The following morning we all piled into our cars, everyone but me and Olivia had woken up early to pack up their things, though now Hunter and Riley were tired, and Mia being the most awake was the one that would drive all the way back to everyone's house's.

"Adrian why do we have to leave so early" Hunter asks attempting to rub sleep from his eyes.

"Its twelve o'clock Ambrose" I point out pulling open the door, and climbing into the vehicle before starting the engine, and waiting for everyone to be ready to go.

"Let's get out of here" Olivia says sliding into the passenger seat at the same time Nico, and Kate got into the back of the Brabus.

"Ready to sleep all the way back to the Hamptons?" I ask looking over at Olivia who looked exhausted.

"Yes" she mutters leaning her seat back though luckily it was Kate who was behind her and my sister had plenty of leg room.

Backing up I turned around and drove out of the gate before heading off towards New York through the forests that surrounded New York and gradually thinned out until you were back into one of the five boroughs.

Though it seemed that it was snowing in New York, which filled the air like a white haze that would eventually be settling in for the next two months, though where I lived I seemed to end up with snow until April.

As I stopped at a light I glanced over at Olivia to see she was fully asleep along with Kate, while Nico was on his phone doing something that only he would ever know.

"Adrian what are you going to do when you find out who is behind the hits on you?" Nico asks looking up and I meet his eyes in the mirror.

"Make sure that they never get to hurt anyone ever again" I reply, "I might scare people Nico, but I have no intention of destroying whoever it is making sure they never get out of jail is good enough for me".

"And if it's a business rival?".

"I'm taking everything from them, and they can watch their business become part of my subsidiaries" I add looking back out the front window as the light changes and I begin navigating through the streets of Manhattan to the Brooklyn Bridge.

"I think there are moments Kate wonders why you're called New York's devil".

"Then she probably see's a headline about me taking over some major corporation, and understands".

"Dominating the economy one business project at a time" Nico mutters and I laugh.

"Speak for yourself Harrington, you run the worlds largest private security tech firm on the planet".

"Bigger then yours I doubt it".

"Your one company is a third of the size of Winters Group".

"Okay maybe" Nico agrees knowing that I will dispute it with him, though I do know I'm right.

Eventually we made it back to the Hamptons and I took Kate, and Nico home, pulling around their driveway and parking in front of the front door.

"Katelyn, wake up" Nico says, and when she doesn't stir he simply gets out and gets their bags before opening the other door and lifting Kate bridal style before heading towards the door.

I then smile softly at the two of them. I might have told Nico I'd hurt him if he broke my sister's heart but I also knew he couldn't, that much was clear seeing them in the same room as each other, and their obvious long distance friendship had apparently blossomed into something more at prom of Junior year.

After ensuring both of them got inside I drove away to head back to my own house, though somehow Olivia was still sleeping.

Pulling into our driveway five minutes later I drove down into the garage, and parked before taking Olivia out of the car, and walking away to take her inside and so that I could sit and not do anything specific for a while.

Pushing open the door with my foot I step inside and close it before walking into the living room and laying her on the couch before putting one of the living room blankets over her before walking to the front door to lock it.

Heading upstairs I picked a hoodie and walked back downstairs into the living room to see Olivia had shifted but not drastically.

She looked so peaceful in sleep we both did apparently. Though this girl was something special and I honestly couldn't picture any part of my life where she didn't belong there, she was always there even when I didn't think she would be, when I told her things I regretted she could see sense through it or she would likely have ran away from me a long time ago, long before I fell in love with her, and long before we actually got to know each other.

Smiling over at the girl lying across the couch I walk over to the opposing couch, and pick up the laptop that sat on the coffee table before opening it, and looking over my schedule for this week which included a meeting tomorrow, along with me having to return to my work after two and a half weeks away from the office though I had been doing my work just not at my Winters Group Tower like I should but that's the reality of owning a company so large it seems to operate itself for the most part though I did have to step in and do work surrounding it at least once every week.

This was one of those, then the day after I had to go arrange for the event on the Saturday, along with attend the debut of Kosmina Fashion's Winter Lineup, New York's Fashion Week was usually in April but because several major brands had either come to or expanded into NYC there was going to be a December Fashion Show.

Setting date reminders in my calendar before shutting my laptop, and setting it down on the top of the marble surface in front of me I looked out towards my patio and my heated pool.

"Bellissima" I say softly because I don't want to wake her if she is in deep sleep.

"Hmm" she hums opening her eyes and looking over at me.

"Want to go in the pool?" I ask and she quickly sits up staring across the room at me.

"Yes!" she says for all but flying off the couch and heading upstairs, leaving me to sit with an amused smirk on my lips at how much she enjoys ever little thing.

Following her after a moments I walk into our bedroom and into my side of the closet before taking a pair of shorts and changing into them.

Walking out I went around to the hot tub where Olivia had already gotten into and was sitting with a champagne glass in one hand and a bottle of Fillico Sparkling Water on the side of the hot tub.

"Expensive water in a champagne glass" I muse stepping into the hot water and relaxing into it.

"Obviously" she says handing me my own glass filled with the fizzy liquid, that I accepted as snow fell lightly around us all the while Olivia and I sat in our pool mostly just cuddling and drinking through a bottle of sparkling water as a substitute for the champagne that should have been in our glasses.

That's the end of this chapter, I also have the next three planned out though technically I have the rest of the book planned but that's not terribly important, comment, vote, and share. Anyways

Peace✌