Chapter Fifty Three

Night drives. They were probably one of the only times I genuinely felt relaxed. This was also something that I often shared with Olivia, as was what was happening right now.

We both sat in the front seat of my Chiron while we held hands in the center of the vehicle.

"Adrian where exactly are we going?" Olivia asks looking over at me.

"No where really, I just wanted to go for a drive around New York" I say looking over at her.

"I've probably seen you around before we actually formally met and just never noticed" Olivia says.

"It's definitely possible, I went to the Starbucks you worked at for a long time" I admit, though I never actually got out of the car when going mostly because I had no desire to be seen by anyone outside of Thornbrook, or workers at the high class restaurants I went to.

Yes I was that level of an introverted prick at one point.

"I remember a day where you and the quartet came to my work which must have been one of the only times because you all never came back but Nico and the boys came in but I didn't think anything of you never getting out of your car".

"I was driving this exact car when that happened because it did only happen once" I say.

"What is it with us having so many moments where we were in the same place and never met" Olivia mutters taking a sip from the coffee she held.

Looking over at her I mentally wonder what could have happened, mostly it's just questions circulating such as; could I have taken her away from Demetri sooner? Would I have not joined a gang if I knew her then? but the main one that makes the iron grip I had on my steering wheel lessen was. Would we have fallen in love before anything ever got bad?

Glancing up at her eyes it was clear that the same thoughts that were in my mind were in her own, and as a comforting gesture I squeeze her hand.

"Maybe we weren't ready to meet one another" I say, "even if I wished I met you sooner, maybe this was the way it was supposed to be Livi, the only thing that is different is we weren't one another's first, we're just the last" I add shrugging as I pass along the Hudson River.

"I thought you said that we're each other's correct first".

"Because I had ways of showing affection but you were always the first where that was meant, my former relationship couldn't even make a scratch on how amazing being with you has been".

"Stuttering mess I was when I met you" Olivia laughs.

"Your stuttering was cute, I needed you more then when I was still sad and closed off, don't judge people on the highs of your life, judge them at your lows because then you know who a person really is".

"Does being kidnapped, and shot at count?" she muses.

"Yes, so does hearing about the things your friend did and accepting them" I say spotting One57 in the distance over the NYC traffic.

"Adrian?" Olivia asks and I look over at her waiting for her to continue. "Can I drive?".

As my response I pulled over and parked beside the curb drawing attention from several people who were walking by.

"Of course you can" I reply getting out of the car and walking around the car while Olivia did the same.

"You're honestly the best" she says sliding into the driver seat of the car.

"Don't get sappy on me bellissima" I tease as she pulled the seatbelt across her chest, before revving the car and pulling out of the space before speeding off through the traffic to the far passing lane.

The Billionaire CEOOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara