Chapter Fifty

Walking out of the elevator I spotted my car next to Adrian's Mercedes Benz GTR Black Series.

"So tell me where are we going?" Adrian asks looking over at me as he unlocks his own car.

"Again that's a surprise, just so you know you won't need a suit to go there" I say pulling open the door to my car and sliding inside.

"I hate surprises" I hear Adrian mutter before I laugh while starting the car and driving away.

I then followed him out of the garage and off towards One57.

When I finally pulled out from the garage I spotted the back of Adrian's car at a stop light a block away.

Drives like an F1 driver.

When I finally caught up to him which wasn't exactly hard I just broke the speed limit, I pulled up along side his car to see him eith his head resting on his hand while staring ahead, likely thinking about everything that happened in that courtroom today.

The light eventually changed and we gradually made our way back home before parking and ascending the elevator to the top floor of One57.

Walking across the room carrying my heels at this point because my feet hurt I watched Adrian sluggishly head upstairs.

I then went into the kitchen to get water before following suit and finding Adrian in the closet removing his suit and changing into comfy clothing which seemed to be jeans and a hoodie from the pile behind him on the island.

I could also tell something was wrong, yes he was quiet but he wasn't even smiling, and he seemed rather tense, there was also an oddly blank look on his face as he wound the belt he held.

Walking over to my side of the closet I took what I wanted for clothing while having decided that I knew where I wanted to take Adrian, it also might be a good idea since long drives give him time to think about all the things that are going on in his life.

Pulling on my sweater, and jeans I turned to see Adrian had silently changed and disappeared out of the room.

I then let out a sigh, and walk out through the hallway to the railing where he stood in the window staring over the darkness of New York.

I wanted to ask him what was wrong but I also knew better then to ask, as it's him and being pressured into saying things he doesn't want to talk about would lead to an argument which was honestly the only thing we ever ended up arguing about, before we both apologized for our piece in the situation.

Crossing the wooden flooring I pulled open the drawer for keys and took the one for the GLS 63.

I then pressed the elevator button which seemed to cue for Adrian that it was time to go. He then moved across the room and entering the elevator while giving me a quick wry smile before pressing the garage button and we once more went down to the garage.

Again the doors opened and silence was disrupted by our footsteps on the concrete as I unlocked the SUV and we slid inside I then drove out from beneath One57 and headed towards the meadow where Adrian had once gave me the location of just to escape from Thornbrook drama for a while.

As New York faded away into the distance behind us and trees took over, I began taking the very specific route to the place I was almost certain Adrian loved the most.

"Olivia" he says and I glance over at him, mostly out of shock of him all of a sudden speaking, before looking back at the road.

"Yes Adrian" I reply.

"I know the reason Victor did what he did, and it's messed up" he says gazing out the window while holding his jaw.

"What is the reason?" I ask once again looking over at him, and in the mirror I can see the pain almost etched onto his face, as if some bitter memory returned to him, and was plaguing him like a headache.