Chapter Fifteen

Olivia Thorne

When the opening of the oil fields was announced for a small group of media crews, and people seeking to invest in the company though Adrian had long stated that there were be no external investments in an already functional company.

As the car parked outside the metal building that seemed to the an operations centre for controlling the oil drills, and then another for refining it to send along a series of pipes to factories that would then go to depots and be shipped around the world for profit.

Parking the car I lifted the door to the Aventador SVJ, and Adrian and I both got out dressed in white clothing with sunglasses on to shield our eyes from the glaring sun.

"Mr. Winters, it's an honour to be here" Victor Rivers says walking over to shake hands with Adrian.

Over the past five years I had a forced trust of Victor he always struck me as someone who was simply looking to gain more power and him being the in public CEO of Eastern Oil made me wary because I wouldn't put it past him to be out for more then just the multi million dollar salary he received each year.

But he was also a good worker, and ambition was something Adrian looked for in the people who ran his subsidiaries though he had to keep them in check somehow and one was to restrict their position as was in this case, Victor was an executive but he also was a CEO in theory even if he had to give weekly reports to Adrian of what happened in regard to Eastern Oil, and the fact that he actually wasn't allowed to speak about any matters of the company ever or even mention a link to Winters Group without being put in jail for breaking a Non-Disclosure Agreement that he willingly signed.

"Victor, it's a pleasure to be here, please explain to me how this all works" Adrian asks playing the curious socialite roll perfectly.

I on the other hand walked across the reinforced sand platform to collect a glass of whatever drink they were offering everyone who attended the opening even if it was by invite only.

Taking one of the glasses I spotted a small group of familiar faces, and I honestly wondered what they were doing across the world at an opening in Dubai.

Walking over to them the chestnut brown haired woman quickly swallowed the sip of the champagne before turning to me.

"Olivia" Ava says rushing over to me to envelop me in a hug.

Around the area where she had been stood the rest of the long standing friend group consisting of Mia, Kate, Riley, Hunter, and lastly Nico all of them dressed in clothing that was still formal enough for this event but not too warm to cause any of them to get heat stroke.

"Hi Ava" I say separating from her, "what are you all doing here halfway across the world".

"Korea is actually halfway around Earth from New York City" Nico muses, and Kate nudges him for being a smartass and it's evident even after the five years since we all left Thornbrook Academy that nothing really changed besides running companies, and the bi weekly dinner at mine and Adrian's home.

"Hey Nico" I say and he raises his glass, Kate who stood a foot away from Nico however looked more mature in fact we all did we weren't baby faced teenagers anymore but it was still obvious it was us, even if most of the guys grew facial hair and ended up with bolder features then they did half a decade prior, with the same thing seeming to have happened with the girls who could have passed for models but then again billions of dollars does seem to make having the excuse of not looking as such almost a criminal act in high society.

"Olivia, I hope being Adrian's second in command is treating you well".

"If five percent of Winters Group is considered being treated well then I would say so" I sigh.

"The Queen of New York had graced the world with her presence" Hunter mused sipping his glass.

"Indeed Ambrose" Adrian's voice resonated from behind the ashy brown haired boy.

Hunter then whips around along with everyone else before walking over to the raven haired devil.

"And the city's resident devil too" Hunter quipped.

"I will make sure to banish you to the ninth level of hell" Adrian seethes calmly.

"He's just as intimidating in white" Mia muttered and I cough to hide my laughter.

"Yes he is" I agree before noticing his observing gaze almost as if he was reading our minds of what just got said.

"Who's what now" Adrian asks giving me one of his smirks that he knew I found attractive and was now using it against me.

"My lips are sealed" I say crossing my arms.

"Mia?" Adrian presses turning to the female duplicate of Nico.

"This is between you and Olivia" Mia deflects moving to stand beside Hunter.

"So bellissima what did you say, or do I have to be creative to pry your cherry lips".

"There are people here you know" Hunter says gesturing around.

"I do, but that hasn't stopped me before" Adrian admits and I know that's true and he will have no issue doing it again in full view of everyone here.

He then begins to near me and I can feel my heart speeding up, I love the feeling of him being close to me except for when he does this but I can't control my emotional reactions as well as him even if I wish I could.

When his lips that were threatening to collide with my own were mere inches away the sound of a microphone being tapped could be heard and we all turned to face the podium where Victor stood.

"Ladies and gentlemen welcome to the opening of Eastern Oil's largest oil field mining, this field is going to become one of the largest oil processing locations in the Middle East. I seek to create exports in the industry while we have these fields to mine the gas that will fuel the vehicles you drive, along with the various other things that the world needs it for, so I welcome you all to join me in the activation of the pipes and drills" Victor says gesturing to the two workers standing by the control box.

They then began going through a procedure until we saw a green light and a beep as a display screen showed the average amount of oil being brought up.

Then something unexpected happened a beeping started again a quiet one and we all followed it to the source with Adrian gesturing for everyone to stay where they were as he neared where it was coming from.

"Oh, fuck" I hear him mutter before turning and running back with a concerned look on his face before he mouthed one word.

Bomb.

"Everyone get down" I yell and we all begin to drop right as an explosion rips across the sand blowing open pipes and setting the oil on fire as workers panic, rushing to close the gates and shut off the drills while others rush over with fire extinguishers, and the security guards begin to escort us away, along with help from some checking those few still on the ground for signs of life.

As we walk back with guards almost herding us back towards the parking lot I glance back at the flames, and carnage, and debris from what was once Eastern Oil's pipeline project, but I only have one question and it will be one Adrian has too.

How the hell did this happen?

So this was a bit later I had a dinner tonight so this was a late update sorry about that I tried to get it up earlier. Also how do you all thing the explosion happened comment below, also vote, and share. Anyways

Peace✌