💗Thirty-Two💗

"Zainab everything happens for a reason, I know you love him but Allah love him more"

I said to my best friend the words I was saying where supposed to calm her down but it was as though I was doing the total opposite of calming her down, if anything her tears kept falling.

" I know but it hurts it hurts so much that on days as such all I want doing is ending my life, it hurts so much"

Shushed, her I knew it was hurtful, just how it feels to keep moving, to keep faking been fine to the world when the truth is no way close to that.

Sometimes all I want doing was go far away, be on my own but I knew things had to be done and life moves on.

"The truth is that you don't have to be hard on yourself, on days as such you can cry out yell the pain all out but never think about giving up on your life, what do you think mama will go through if you end your life you are the only one she has"

And I felt the pride spreading of my chest at my encouraging words to my friend maybe I also needed to here them but most time you just have to be things for people who matters around you.

"Thank you Jidderh, you are really a true gem I don't know what I would have done with my messed up life without you been by my side thank you"

And she engulfed me in a hug, I had to stop myself from letting the tears fall maybe the hug was all I needed for my broken soul to.

"So now get dressed and eat something"

I ordered, zainab locked herself up in the room since the night before, mama got worried and called me since morning saying I needed to come.

Letting her into the bath room I went down the stairs to the cooking house in search of something eatable for her only to find mamas figure backing the door, saying my taslim I proceeded into the kitchen.

Mama turn toward the door smiling at me, "what do you need my dear"

She asked with her smile not fading.

"Well thought of making some coffee for Zee"

She nodded her head as she proceeded with her work uncovering the lade of the steaming pot, I moved the the coffee maker knowing Zee always want her coffee creamy unlike mine.

"Well I always wonder why you girls love this stuff, it taste so weird"

Mama said giving me an eye, I knew it something of such was always coming mama doesn't even like milk in her tea.

"Mama I wanna talk to you about zainab hope you don't mind"

I started getting her full attention on me, "go on my dear"
She said with all seriousness covering the lade of the soup she asked me to wait for so we could have some.

"Please it about you wanting her to settle, I know we are not getting any younger mama but don't you think you are a bit too harsh on her always getting this proposal after the other"

"Hauwa I know I know am too harsh on her but am just looking out for her, she seemed to be too locked up and the only way I think is having someone in her life".

I noded my head knowing what she said was right, "yes I'll try talking to her mama Insha Allah we will see change"

I ended with a smile.

I got into the room pushing the door open letting the maid into the room with the tray she was holding mama helped prepare a nice breakfast so we could start our day with, once the maid placed the tray on the console table I close the door turning to face zainab who was staring at the bracelet her late fiancé got her.

This was it I thought to myself having a mini breathing exercise to help keep my calm, if anything then been harsh on zainab was never a way out because she is so stubborn.

"I ... breakfast is ready"
I said gaining her attention, smiling nervously at me she tried hiding the tears glittering from her eyes but I smile back at her reassuringly maybe she really needed to heal I knew it wasn't easy it was never but she was holding everything in, that was her main problem if only she was going to let everything all out then it did be better.

Gesturing at her to come follow me to her balcony where two chairs and a table was placed facing each other having a clear view of the estate. A beautiful flower pot placed just behind her chair.

We had a peaceful breakfast with no one saying a word to the other and I liked it, my thought and head was clear for sometime until I heard the distant sound of my phone ringing which I was sure was coming from Ammar.

I felt a knot tied under my belly I wasn't one to feel this way but I was feeling it anyways, suddenly nervous rubbing my two palms together I picked the call just as it ended and as though he was waiting another call came through.

Placing the phone on my ears I listened to
Him saying Aleeyu had finally arrived and meant they are together if I could come now, glancing at zainab who was still eating i muttered a yes into the phone before ending the call.

"I got some business to cover but I can't leave you all alone" I said to zainab in one breath I knew she found it confusing but decided to not speak up.

If I could thank the stars at that moment them I would have done it, this zainab was helpful not the other zainab.

"Maybe then I should change"

She said already on her feet.

So far

As usually
50reads
Vote
Comment
Share
Happy democracy day Nigerians

Ongoing edition
All right reserved
Aleeyu zaynab
13-6-2022