💗Thirty-Eight💗

I knew the pain I was feeling was never going away, muaaz smiled painful at me this was what they all wanted.

"Aleeyu na"

Ummah called me out of my trains of thought and I muttered a smile,

"What are you thinking of my dear"

Her voice sounded so caring that I almost scream if anything then the whole stuff she was putting on was doing nothing but pushing me more.

"Am good".

I said my voice creaking, it was a lie but I had to say that to see her get fine since the day she came back from Abuja after her encounter with. Jidderh she felt so sick because for the first time in forever the king got mad at her for going without his knowledge.

He said whatever way Jidderh treated her, was she who brought herself down to the level, he went ahead saying I could go ahead to seeing her until she accepted wanting to marrying me.

But how could I just upon hearing those words from my father jump into conclusions and start chasing after her when she show zero respect for my mother to have addressed her the way she did.

I was very much mad at her for pulling such stunt but then I went too over board too, I ran my hands over my over grown hair, over the pass weeks nothing was going rightly in my life everything seemed to be going south way not to talk about muaaz, who wasn't supporting either me or what our mother had done.

I know wat she did we very wrong but then we all couldn't be mad at her for just watching out for me she was just caring about me.

I tried reasoning with myself to say came and not snap at her which I was doing so well lately to the maids.

The sound of the door opening brought me back to my senses, my gaze fell on the sleeping queen who still had her hand into mine I placed her hand back, adjusting the iv just so she won't hurt her self.

Yes, she was admitted, her blood pressure ran high due to certain stress said by the doctor and only that alone warmed my heart at her.

"So you are here?"

Muaaz said his face void of any emotion, I just gave him a once over not ready for whatever he wanted the least he could do was creating a scene in the hospital room.

"So your still angry with me huh?"

He asked again I could feel his annoyance from his voice but gave him a lazy look then my gaze fell back on our mother

"Whatever you want to discuss not here please"

I ended gesturing to the bed where the queen laid sleeping so peacefully.

"Aleeyu when would you stop deceiving yourself, this.... you care for others more than you do yourself"

Muaaz yelled as soon as we settled in the lobby which was so silent with only the buzzing sound of the air condition.

What he said got into me but what, I knew I have to be selfish even if it's once but how was it going to be so with the queen.

I would forever be indebted to her for everything she did, she took me as her son when no one was ready to do it, she hated my mother but she never let the hatred she has for my mother affect our relationship in any way.

She loved me more than she love hers and the least I could ever do to her is to stand by her.

"I know you won't say anything but Wallahi Aleeyu for Jidderh it's too late, you have lost her and that too forever"

With that he walked out of the room leaving me rooted to the sit for hours I lost count of until a nurse came saying my mother was awake and want to see me until then did I drag my feet into the room.

The queen had a smile on her lips upon sighting me gesturing for me to come sit as her lips moved along with her but it was as if I lost all sense hearing and seeing because before I reach the bed everything went blank.

My heart stopped beating and I woke up to the sound which only caused my head to ache like it was going to split into two.

My whole body was in pain and by the time I decided to open my eye I was blinded by the sun ray coming from the window.

"I think he just blinked his eyes, ya"
I heard a distance voice saying I was still in doubt whether to open my eyes or not.

I could only give up on my heart when the words of what Muaaz said to me earlier which resulted to me been on the bed back rushing and then the sound of the heart monitor became too harsh for my ears, I knew I was losing it maybe this was the end for me.

Ahhh

Su Aleeyu manya

Vote
Comment
Share

I know the chapter is a bit too short but please mange it and pardon all typos too

Ongoing edition
All right reserved
Aleeyu zaynab
16-8-2022