💗Fifty-six💗

As I sat by the vanity wiping away the makeup away from my face, my thought kept drifting back to early, maybe I should have thought about this early before getting into this mess that seem to have no way out.

The door to my room sound opening got my attention to the intruder who was no one but my husband, maybe saying it sounded somehow to my ears.

I took on with my business as though he wasn't there, this was harder than I thought I was now married to him but I think getting happiness was far away from my life's dictionary, if anything I was always familiar with the numb feeling.

My thought got short lived by aleeyu, whose voice stoped me in my track.

"We need to talk Hauwa'u"

The way he calls my name always have this effect on me, not that I was having butterflies in my tummy like all those cling romanatic novel I was experiencing something far from it.

He should at least use some other endowment and not my birth name like he downrightly always blunt it out.

Turning to read the expression on his face which was that of tiredness and stress I carried my legs to sit next to him on the bed, if anything I feel pity for him just like muaaz always said, he never did anything out of his will unless to favor others who never cared about his happiness.

"Am sorry"

He started I could sense sincerity from his voice,
"I love you Hauwa'u but along the line I was almost giving up because I don't want to drag you into my mess, I don't want you to suffer"

He was always been selfless, I gave him a small smile to assure him that it was going to be fine, what matters here was that I was already in his so called mess up life and I knew there was no going back.

"You shouldn't worry about been the queen because you will always be the queen who rules my hearts"

And we where back at it those Cling cheesy lines straight from romantic movies, maybe I should let him know that I never married him just so I could be queen I did everything out of pity.

"I just want to make you happy, aleeyu you have been true a lot"

I felt the need to comfort him because maybe all through his life he was used to comforting others and never got anyone to do same for him, maybe that was why I'm in his life.

"Am getting married like the king said today, and I'll get us a house just so you could leave out of this suffocating place"

I gave him a great smile at that if only he knew what I was hoping for, but I didn't feel any better knowing I only belong out of the place and his queen just like the king said was going to take over here.

"Well that will be greet I also want to discuss about my business, I want to start a branch here, while Rosey handle the one in Abuja"

He noded his head absently as though lost in thought, "well I'll see to that, just don't worry yourself"

He gave my hand a light tap before getting on his feet. I didn't move from the position he left me at because I had many thoughts going on in my life as to why I signed up for this was I really that stupid.

The distant ringing of my phone broke me out of my thought, picking the call on the last ring which had zainab name display on the screen made me smiled, placing the phone on my ears.

Muffle sound was at the background before her voice came through, "Oshey latest bride that ditched her family"

Well I knew the girl so well to know why she called, was only to tease me not even know what shit I was in, I fill them on lies and now I just have to keep doing that.

"Well cut the crap zainab", I reprimanded her like the sensible person I was,
"Ain't you suppose to be with your husband by now?" I added in a bit to shut her up.

Chitchatting for almost an hour with me calling it a day because if it was left for my one and only best friend then am sure we will be on the phone till forever the girl never was out of word or was it gossip, not to even wonder if at all she ever got tired of wording.

Now as I came out dressed in a milk with a touch of maroon maxi dress, my head wrapped in a maroon veil loosely tired around, I hopped down the stairs which was getting to annoying because I was never one to parade around, back home I always get what I need in my room and always have the maids bring up my food but I can't do that here the maids will surely gossip about me not that I cared.

As I neared the kitchen to get something edible which the last time I took something was the previous day, "you won't believe the crown prince just got remarried"

I heard a voice said in a hush tone making me stop absurdly in my track, just two days after been married to him he already had another wife, not that I wasn't informed if anything the king made sure he spell it out yesterday and not to dwell on the fact but I feel completely useless like some outcast, but what did I expect.

"Seriously what do you think, I was expecting this sooner or later"
Another said in a much whispered but her voice came out anything but it.

"You know it's been long drama happened around here, but I also heard she will be his queen because the one he got married to was no royal and he have to have his queen from the royal family"

The in teller added again.

"But the present queen is also not from any royal family why will the king make such baseless rule".

"Well I think history is going to repeat itself also this time around"

I felt it was time for me to get into the kitchen, if anything staying and listening to them will do nothing but make me more curious about this mess up place, I never want to be any queen I only got married to aleeyu out of humanity because it a was obvious he was dying without me and I just have to help.

Those where the excuses I keep making myself believe but I know it down it was far beyond it, but no one can see beyond the eyes.

It's said curiosity kills the cat
I love how fast forward this is going, so few chapters left thanks to 900 votes guys I so much love you-all I can't be here with out your support please add up my ongoing books fear and storm and shade of pink

Thank you

😂😂
Don't forget to add shade of pink, and fear & storm. to your reading list

Vote
Comment
Share

Ongoing edition
All right reserved
Aleeyu zaynab
3-5-2023