💗Thirty-Nine💗

Everything seemed to be going perfectly smooth in my life after finally deciding to settle down which only meant the word marriage ringing in my brains.

I knew I always get sleepless night thinking if this was a wrong decision but I prayed hard day and night for what's best from Allah.

And I was sure from the way the sun lost it color, the cloud was already getting dark which only meant the sun had set and whatever celebration that was going on in our home was already done.

The sound of my phone buzzing on the table brought me out of my trains of though.  Salis name with a smiley emoji appeared on the face of my screen making me giggle at the thought of how he got his name changed to that on my phone all thanks to zainab.

Talking about the angel, I hope you all chould note the sarcasm dripping off.

The girl was suppose to be with me but there she left saying she had to take moments of everything which she was going to include on her blog.

"I hope you liked everything inside the box"

Came my fiancé voice, from his tone I knew he was stressed and also anxious, so today the gift boxes from the groom was taken to our house which only meant there was two more weeks to the wedding and I felt everything was happening so fast and rapid.

I chuckled a bit sensing his plight, whatever was inside the box I was sure going to like it I knew.

"Am still at the office but am sure zainab sent me video of everything and I'll just check it"

"Can I come over to see you now"

His voice sounded too desperate but I had to say no to him, I had to round up with the project I was working on before the client come over tomorrow.

"Well am almost rounding up and Ammar is coming to get me home"

I gulped letting the lie roll out perfectly, it wasn't as if all my statements was a lie, the first part though was but the last wasn't.

We ended the call with him promising to drop me off at work tomorrow morning which I didn't protest, the least I could do was have him have his way with me that was the least I could do to appreciate all his effort.

As I was rounding up with the little work left which was just checking over the dresses the measurements to make sure everything was intact.

"Well I think this the best dress so far"

Rose exclaimed, she had been exited since I started decorating the dress which turned to to be straight from heaven.

I just chuckled,
"I must say you did a very great job too"

It would only be fair if I didn't take all the credit she did equally half the work I did so Weldon to the both of us.

"I can't wait for your own dress, I'll make sure it's the best of all time"

She giggled at her statement making me shake my head, so my wedding ahh that made me wonder why I still wasn't exited about the fact that I was really getting married or should I said wedded forever wow.

"Rose you should tell her, and the early you guys start planning it the better"

Zainab voice reached us even before her presence did, rolling my eyes with a Mental facepalm wondering where I got a best friend like her.

Rose took zainab presence as a clue and left to package the clothes for the bride, she always said she wanted to do something alone I should do must of it and having zainab here was the best excuse to grant her wish.

A sign left my mouth because I was also tried truth be told but then I couldn't let her have the work load all to herself when she's just assisting me.

"Ammar couldn't make it, so he pleaded that I drive you safely back home"

Zainab words made her gaze travel back to her making me nod my head before getting on my feet.

"Someone is existed to see the gifts I see"

She said wiggling her brows at me,the glare I sent her way was enough to shut her up.

Back home, the house was half full with half of Ammar's mothers relatives and friends with my father's relatives too who seem too nice for my liking.

"Ahh the bride is finally back"

One of my cousin who happened to be my fathers sisters daughter yelled making me roll my eyes, I couldn't Rest In Peace again note the sarcasm.

I was pushed to check each item inside the 24 designer boxes which seemed too overdone for me.

"Wallahi kinyi goshi"

An old woman who was said to be my fathers uncle wife said yodeling out not even acknowledging the fact that it was night and she might invite some evil spirit, don't mind me I was only looking for a way to escape this.

And when Ammar walked into the living room looking equally exhausted like I was make me sign I relieve at least I was going to have to rest and escape from all this not to talk about the headache wanting to set in.

"You all shouldn't stress the poor girl she's tired already"

And as expected his voice ran across the room into my ears making me want to dance out in joy, sending him appreciative smile as I walked out of the room with two lousy people on my train.

A wedding is coming up
Vote
Comment
Share

Ongoing edition
All right reserved
Aleeyu zaynab
27 Saturday, 8 August 2022