💗Fifty-five💗

Five more chapters to go.

The palace look a lot more beautiful from the outside, this was the first time I was in a place and I was loving the air around, my happiness although got short lived once we where done having breakfast with the queen, the king wasn't present because he had some business he was going to address.

"You see aleeyu is my favorite amongst all my children"

The queen which I learnt they call ummah started then paused to take in a long breath before adding.

"I always want to get him married to a girl of my choice someone I love and get along with so well but it seemed you two have been destined"

Her voice sounded so calm making me arch my brows in confusion doesn't this woman seemed to hate me so much but here she was talking so calmly, I didn't wrapped up my thought about her until she requested with aleeyu to let me with her just so she could show me how things are done around the place.

The silent made the room still and my glaze fell around the room how the golden clock was ticking as quietly as possible not making any noise in order not to alert anyone.

"And someone from a respectable background"

She added and I felt glad that she was no more faking liking me, this was who she was after all.

"And I'll only let you stay married to my son because the king said I shouldnt meddle in you two business, but you should always watch out because something might happened, I can't be too sure with myself"

I took all her words to heart not saying a word to her, because at least she was now my suppose mother in-law, I sat in my position even as she left with her maid right on tail after saying I'll have to learn few rules of been a queen because the heir always get married from a royal family which Muaaz has violated and now his facing his punishment.

Back into my chamber which look small from the outside, I unplugged my MacBook which I did early before going out to greet my mother in-law, admits checking and replaying emails of those wanting to book me a knock came on my door making me realize I wasn't in the confine of my office but a new environment my matrimonial home, it sounded brazier even to my thought but it was what it is.

Getting to the door I pulled it open coming face to face with a maid dressed in a nevy blue uniform with her head ducked low, I knew I had to get use to been treated differently but I wasn't liking it.

"Your highness, lunch is ready and the prince said to inform you".

Before I could say anything she had bowed her head and hurried walked away with extra steps on her way, maybe I scared her off I thought but shooked the thought away.

Getting into the room I picked up my veil which I wrapped lazily around my head and jugged down the stairs taking the lead toward the eating house which I couldn't get over the decors.

Faint noise was heard since before I walked into the room, I was sure Aleeyu wasn't alone making me brace myself after exhaling a breath because I had to plaster another fake smile and look welcoming to new strangers.

With my taslim on my lips I walked into the room only for my gaze to fall on two familiar figure which made my lips stretch in a small smile but soon fell seeing the third wheel along I had no one to tell me who she was.

The two sibling chattered away admits there spoon of rice which was mouthwatering, I never thought maids could prepared such dish making me want to know who the cook was.

Not that I wasn't enjoying there chat but I was anxious not even knowing why, once we where done a maid came bowing her head not letting us have a clear look of her face.

My thought about the maids not letting us see us or was it because bowing down was respectful and looking at our face was nothing but it got cut short from her trembling voice I guess because having the two prince around was not easy.

"His highness said I should let you all meet up with him once you are down"

Her head was still ducked while relaying the massage then soon took off afterward.

The place became pin drop silent with everyone thinking on what the king had to discuss with us all, I got nothing beside knowing muaaz was going to get his punishment and beside that nothing else.

But once we sat on the carpeted floor in his private living room where he was free with only his personal guards and maids and not the other royal counsel members.

This was the first time I was seeing the king up so closely although as soon as I sensed his eyes on mine I was quick to look down not to seem all rude and mannerless just as his wife termed me to be.

After exchanging pleasantries with him asking me how I was faring in a foreign place, my reply thought was positive I wasn't suppose to tell him how bored I was wanting to pack my bags and flee to Abuja, because doing that will only be Hypocrisy because I signed for this myself and it will only be fair if I serve self punishment just the way muaaz was going to serve his.

The calm king voice sooner turned to a stern one his gaze lingering on muaaz whose head was ducked low like the Hippo-crate he was waiting for what ever punishment he was going to serve.

"I have taken away all your counsel right as from today you have no right in this royal place"

The room when pin drop silent with everyone breathing lowly afraid breathing more harder will irritate the king some more, I felt as though I was sitting on needle which if I sit any more comfortable then it will prick me and no one wants a needle prick.

"And you should take your wife and leave off outside your chamber, you have no single idea on what you have done has caused knowing the crown prince can only get married to someone from a royal family who could be his queen"

And unexpected his voice was raising with each passing word he utter making it sound as though he was yelling as us all.

So 😌. Well just stop glaring at me m only been fair here,

You all should calm your hoarses Jidderh had aleeyu heart already even thought she can't be his queen

Vote
Comment
Share

Eid Mubarak 🎉🙏

On a scale of 1-10 rate this book 🥹
No update until uou comment this time around

Ongoing edition
All right reserved
Aleeyu zaynab
23-4-2023