Polaroid (smut)

Done by gredandforge95

"We're going tonight right?!" Marlene demands as she walks into her a room in her quaint apartment she shared with her best friend, Lily. It was 7pm and Lily was just lying in her bed, listening to J. Cole's new album, trying not to think about awful school week she just had. Aspiring to become a doctor in this age is a rather difficult feat, and she was always questioning whether she's cut out for this at all. Lily looked towards Marlene, her face clearly demonstrating a look of incessant pleading. She laughed at her puppy dog blue eyes, sighed and responded.

"Yea yea, let's go. Lord knows I need to let loose and go ham." Marlene's features relaxed, as she jumped on Lily's bed, clearly excited about what the night had in store for them… the unknown.

"Thank god! I didn't just buy four new crop tops just to have them lying on my bed with their B Melville tags still attached!" Marlene laughed, turning towards Lily, her eyes brightening.

"God Lils, you HAVE to wear one. You have the perfect body for them." Lily nodded, getting excited for the nights plans, thinking what she should pair Marlene's crop top with.

Lily did indeed have an incredible body, when she was little she was labeled as gangly with her extra long legs and arms, but as she grew they became her favourite features, complementing her slender frame well. She had a small waist and average breasts and a perky ass, features that guys lusted over, reminding them of supermodels cat walking the runway. She has green eyes and fiery red hair that was curly and manageably frizzy, but framed her face exotically. During the weekdays, during classes, her face was bare but for her trusty chap stick, and her hair was knotted in a bun, usually haphazardly twirled up. She never really had the time whilst studying to put makeup on, which would look quite ridiculous since she spent most of her time at the library, anyways. Tonight, she couldn't wait to dress up; it had been a while since she attempted to look nice.

Marlene got off the bed, walking towards Lily's iHome, attached her phone and started playing her favorite "getting ready to go out" playlist. She turned toward Lily, eyes excited, and held out her hand.

"We've got 2 hours, babe, let's get ready." Lily snorted, grabbed her hand and was pulled off the bed. She picked up her mini Polaroid camera, a Christmas present from her grandma, who loved Lily's obsession with vintage items. Lily loved that camera; she loved the idea of only getting one chance to capture a moment perfectly. With a digital camera, you can take as many pictures as you want until you love one, but with an instant camera, you have to actually see the world and pay attention to find the perfect picture.

Marlene opened the double doors to Lily's closet, which caused Lily to look up and chuckle at the perfect image of Marlene's arms open wide as she assessed Lily's extensive clothing. She lifted her instant camera and clicked, the flash going off and Marlene to turn around, looking annoyed but obviously pleased at being the object of many of Lily's polaroids.

"You bringin that tonight, Lils?" Marlene started picking out skirts and shorts, not looking up at her best friend, and knowing the answer already.

"Obviously."

Two hours later and Lily and Marlene were ready to go, looking incredible and already slightly tipsy. Marlene was wearing a backless black top with jeans and knee high boots, her hair sleek and straight, red lips accompanying her bold eyes. She loved going out, it was her time to wear all the clothes she bought that would be inappropriate for any other situation other than a party or a day in summer. Of course she loved the attention she got, she was the life of the party and guys fell in love with her, but she never gave them the time of day.

Lily, dressed similarly, was wearing a green crop top and jet-black jeans and black heels, her red hair was frizz free and curled to perfection, a striking contrast from her shirt. Her eyes were smoked out with brown and gold eye shadow, which she paired with nude lips. She knew she looked good, they both did. Marlene's phone started going off, Alice's name popping up on the screen.