Laundry is Lit

done by elanev91 on fanfiction.net

James was standing in the kitchen when Lily walked through the door after work that evening, a container of yoghurt in his hand and a spoon hanging out of his mouth while he clicked around on his mobile.

He dropped the spoon back into the container, grinned at her as she walked through the door, 'Hey, love.'

She smiled, 'Hey,' and stood on her toes to kiss him.

'How was your day,' she hung her bag up on the hook by the door, pulled out her laptop, and tucked it under her arm while she grabbed a bottle of water out of the fridge.

'It was great,' James said, and he turned his mobile around and showed her his screen. 'We uploaded this an hour ago and we've already got 65,000 views. Twitter is going mad.'

'Fucking hell, that's brilliant,' she leaned over and kissed him again, before taking a long drag of her water, 'Is the filming room a complete wreck again, or?'

James scoffed, 'Pardon me, we always clean up after ourselves.' Lily smirked, raised an eyebrow, and James smiled at her, did his best to look charming. She rolled her eyes, smacked his shoulder, and he laughed, 'How was your day, Evans?'

She grinned at him for a moment before she sighed, 'It was good - picked up a new case this afternoon, so I've just got a lot of work to be doing for that over the next few weeks. I've actually got a few fucking emails that came through as I was leaving the office,' she took another drink of her water, 'so I'm just going to deal with those if that's alright?'

James nodded, ate the last spoonful of yoghurt, and tossed the container into the bin, 'Yeah, whatever you need.'

She sighed, 'Thanks. I'm not going to read the case files and all that, I just want to know what I'm walking into tomorrow morning.'

'Sure, love. I called and ordered Thai after Sirius left, so you've got time.'

'I'm surprised he's not still here,' she said, laughing as she walked into the sitting room, 'this has to be a first.'

James snorted, turned and started rummaging around in the cabinets for something else to eat, 'I know. I think he and Remus have a hot date tonight, though, so he was anxious to be shot of me.'

She'd just sat down on the couch and turned to reply to James when she noticed the pile of laundry still sitting in the chair. The laundry she'd asked James to fold that morning when she left the house.

'James,' her voice was stern and she pointed over at the laundry, 'what the fuck?'

'What,' he was elbow deep in a crisp packet and trying his best to look innocent, 'I'm starving, I'm still going to eat dinner when it gets here. Sirius and I didn't break for - '

'No,' Lily said, rolling her eyes and clicking into her email, 'I asked you to fold the laundry before I left this morning.'

James groaned, dipped his head back dramatically, 'Why do I always have to fold the bloody laundry?'

'I don't know, James,' Lily said, not bothering to look up from her laptop, 'why do I always need to pick your fucking pants up off the bathroom floor? Why do I always end up wiping silly string off the ceiling when you and Sirius have been filming challenges all day? Why - '

James groaned louder, cutting her off, and walked across the flat and fell down onto the couch beside her, wiggled his head into her lap. She huffed, tried to stifle a laugh as she picked up her computer to make room for James' head. He grinned when she set her laptop down on the couch and started threading her fingers through his hair.