Sofa-king Fit (smut)

by elanev91

When Lily and Marlene first moved into the Clapham flat, their neighbours were the people who owned the little bookshop downstairs. Well, more accurately, the neighbour was the owners' daughter - Lily had never liked the girl much, she was a bit too pretentious for Lily's taste, so Lily'd never bothered to find out her whole story, couldn't find it within herself to care. All she knew is that when this girl, whatever her name was, graduated from uni and left London, and England altogether if Mrs Jones (her landlady and owner of the coffee shop Lily and Marlene lived above) was telling the story correctly, the bookshop owners would need to find a new tenant, and she sincerely hoped that she would like the people that moved in. This stretch of London was not one that people left easily and, if Mrs Jones had it right, people tended to stay for years once they'd found this place. And Lily was inclined to agree - their little flat was a decent size for this part of London, overlooked Clapham Commons, and always, always smelled like coffee and baked goods and fucking heaven, and Lily couldn't think of a single reason that she would ever leave this place.

That is, until the new neighbours moved in.

She and Marlene had been off for the early May bank holiday, her feet kicked up onto the table in their sitting room while Marlene put the kettle on. They'd both been killing themselves at work trying to get the new layout together for the May issue, and, now that it was on stands in WH Smith's everywhere, they decided they were going to use their holiday to watch every series of Luther (again) and drink tea until their hearts exploded. Lily had even gone downstairs and let Mrs Jones talk her into taking a whole bag of cakes back up to their flat, cakes she was now moaning and groaning over while setting them out onto a plate.

"Mar," Lily shouted, looking at the plate full of cakes in her lap, "hurry up, I want to start eating these!"

"So eat them already, you prat."

Lily groaned, "I can't start without you, it isn't fair!"

Lily could feel Marlene rolling her eyes all the way in the kitchen, but Lily didn't even remotely care. There was a Victoria sponge calling her damn name and she needed it right now.

Marlene had just walked back into the sitting room, tray of tea things in hand, when they heard a loud bang out in the corridor. Marlene jumped, but, miraculously, managed to keep the tray steady. She was glad because, aside from the annoyance that would come from picking up a bunch of glass from their floor, the last thing Lily felt like doing on their bloody bank holiday was having to spend the day in the A&E with a fucking burn. Lily set the plate down onto the table, barely heard Marlene's admonishing, "Lily, what are you - " before she flung the door open.

There was a giant sofa, the largest sofa Lily had literally ever seen, in the centre of the corridor that blocked Lily's path out of her flat. There didn't seem to be anyone around, but she said "Excuse me," anyway, hoping someone would materialise and explain what the fuck a sofa was doing in the middle of the corridor. Her hand was on her hip now, one foot tapping impatiently against the hardwood, and Lily was sure she looked like quite the vision, standing there like that. A head, a bloke's head, a bloody handsome bloke's head, popped out from behind the sofa. "Sorry, we're uh - " he broke off, hastily adjusted his glasses before he stuffed his hand into his hair, his chaotic black hair, and Lily almost felt her rage soften, seeing how embarrassed he was. She was just about to reply, probably say something like "It's alright, just stop fucking banging around out here, we're trying to watch a murder programme thank you" when another bloke appeared from just down the corridor. He was tall and broad shouldered, long, wavy black hair flowing behind him while he walked, strutted, down the corridor towards her, and Lily was irritated and intrigued by him in equal measure. The new man held out his hand, "Sirius Black, nice to meet you, love. We're your new neighbours." He had the poshest accent Lily had ever heard in real life.