Trackside

by hogwartslivy

Trackside: Part One

Lily

"Would you stop sulking?" The annoyed tone in her friend's voice makes her sit a little straighter in her seat and she pushes her hair off her shoulder. Mary MacDonald has one hand on the wheel as one wraps around a coffee cup, but this doesn't stop her pushing the hand holding her coffee into Lily Evans' shoulder as she glances Lily's way.

"I'm not sulking." Lily smooths down her skirt, if only to have something to do with her hands and ignore Mary's flickering gaze, "It's early. I'm tired."

"Come on, Lil, this is gunna be fun." Her friend's eyes are back firmly on the road ahead as she weaves in and out of cars.

"Oh please, you'll get one look at Sirius in the car, or doing up his suit, or just breathing, and you'll run off to go shag him in a closet or something."

"That happened one time, stop bringing it up." Lily watches the blush rise on her friends neck from over the top of her sunglasses, smirking.

"You got caught by his boss," She teases, "I will never, ever, let it go."

Mary shrugs, the blush still deepening the colour in her cheeks, "He'd just won a world title, what was I supposed to say? No?"

Lily laughs, watching the countryside slide pass them.

"I promise to not leave you… during the days at least."

"Gee, thanks," She rolls her eyes, and Mary laughs again, bring the coffee back to her lips.

"You love Formula One," Lily opens her mouth, but Mary doesn't allow her to interrupt, "Ah, not a word, because I know you love it. I watched you at that Netflix event last week, you were practically drooling over those producers from the documentary when Kingsley introduced you to them."

"I like the show, I think it's interesting, that's all… really well filmed, you know."

"Fuck off with that right now, you think the drivers are hot and watch for the slow motion shots of them flexing their shoulders."

Lily's head falls back onto the leather headrest, rolling to watch Mary's knowing smile settle onto her friends features. She really doesn't want to let Mary win this one, "I find the tech they have in the cars innovative, the show is really educational about how they have improved it—"

"Right, so you're telling me that you scroll endlessly through James Potter's Instagram because you find the tech interesting?"

"I said I find it innovative…" It's Lily's turn to blush now, and she turns her head again, trying to calm her flaming cheeks against the cool window.

"Mhmm, innovative abs, sure," Mary mumbles. Lily throws her a scowl but she doesn't drop it, "You've met him a few time before, right? It wouldn't be that weird if you slid into his dm's one day."

"That's classy."

Still watching the road, Mary ignores her, continuing, "Oh, why don't we have dinner tonight, the four of us? Sirius and him are practically brothers, and then you really get to know him better!" She wriggles her eyebrows and Lily's eyes roll to the back of her head.

Her phone buzzes so she decides to concede, shrugging a noncommittal answer, reaching into her bag.

"Oo, is that the mystery lover?" Mary shoots out her hand, coffee cup balancing dangerously between her thighs.

"Get out of it!" Lily holds her phone out of Mary's reach.

"Please, please tell me who it is that has you smiling at your phone all the fucking time. It might actually kill me, not knowing!"