Meet my parents

done by xGinGinny on fanfiction.net

A pair of hands emerged unexpectedly from behind the door leading to the kitchen and wrapped around the woman's forearms, pulling her quickly inside. Lily didn't even have a chance to protest; making a soft groan, she only rolled her eyes, and when she was in the other room, face to face with her husband, gave him a long, impatient look.

"Merlin's beard, what's gotten into you, James?"

"It finally happened! You won't believe it, but it finally happens!"

The woman raised an eyebrow questioningly and looked at him as if he were crazy.

"I am to understand that once again you and Sirius came up with some crazy idea that somehow started to bring you profits? Whatever it is, I'm afraid to hear it. You're both crazy."

James shook his head, holding both hands up at the same time and waving them madly in front of his wife's nose.

"Our Harry brought someone home."

Lily gave him another puzzled look as if her husband had suddenly flown from space.

"He's on holiday. Often there are friends with him."

"It's a girl, Lily. Long, fiery red hair, big brown eyes, and a wide, cute smile... Isn't that fantastic?"

James was already excited, spitting out each word quickly. His little boy is starting to grow up; his only son was just entering the period when girls were starting to get tangled up in his head. And not just any. He didn't know how to describe it exactly, but he was happy and proud, to say the least.

"What's so great about that, James?" Lily's tone was skeptical, but the one and only thought she had always been afraid to admit to herself began to emerge from the back of her head. After all, Harry was still too young to think about girls.

"Because it's definitely a date!"

James' words were momentarily delayed, but when she finally understood what her husband had said, the thought she was so afraid to accept finally flashed in her head, her eyes widened and her mouth opened in surprise.

"Did you talk to them?"

"I did not make it. They came in about an hour ago, said hello, and went straight to his room. This girl seems quite nice. And she looks just like you at school."

Lily passed him in a second and almost ran to the kitchen counter. Taking two cups from the cupboard above her head and setting them in front of her, she turned her head towards her husband.

"What are you waiting for? You make tea, I'll make something to eat. We can't go in there empty-handed."

Ten minutes later they were both standing in front of Harry's closed door, James holding a tray of sandwiches and two cups of hot tea in her hands, and Lily with a box of the only cookies she could find. Their mission should now be less awkward, and they hoped it would be successful without any unnecessary casualties.

"Should we knock?" The man whispered as softly as he could, sending his wife a questioning look. Lily put her ear to the door, trying to hear whatever was happening on the other side.

"He's 16, for God's sake, of course not!"

"What if he's mad at us?"

"James! We are his parents!"

"He wants to spend time with his girlfriend."

"You don't even know if it really is."

"That's right, but..."